13 days ago
We’re looking for a Principal Technical Safety Engineer on a permanent basis to join our client based in Woking.
They are a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies. They design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries.
What does the job involve?
- This role is focused on delivery of COMAH reports under the UK HSE regulatory framework. You will be responsible for developing and executing work processes to ensure that project deliverables at all stages of the project lifecycle meet the COMAH requirements.
- As a principal technical safety engineer, you must be adaptable and have experience at working with regulators in the UK. This includes dealing with new technologies for which no current safety standards exist.
- You will be required to support a range of projects; from giving expert advice to client interface and the execution of deliverables.
- Write, check, and approve clear and concise reports.
- Ability to share findings with all key stakeholders early and effectively.
- Working across the project life cycle, from feasibility and concept, through FEED, detailed design or supporting Group EPC projects
- Communication with clients and senior management
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing, and checking critical deliverables including:
- Flare radiation and dispersion studies
- Fire explosion hazard assessment (FEHA)
- Design accidental load specification
- Occupied buildings studies
- Temporary refuge integrity assessments
- Emergency systems survivability assessments (ESSA)
- Escape evacuation rescue assessment report (EERA)
- Dropped objects studies
- QRA reports
- Loss prevention deliverables
What skills and experience do you need?
- Master’s degree in an engineering or cognate discipline and ideally hold chartered engineer or professional process safety engineer status.
- Related experience working for engineering and/or client organizations.
- Experience in the energy transition arena
- Extensive knowledge in working with the UK HSE on COMAH submissions.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
What are the pay and benefits?
- A competitive base salary
- Pension Scheme – Standard Life - 3.5% Employee / 7% Employer
- UK Healthcare – AXA
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Personal Accident insurance
- Life Assurance (3x Base Salary)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Employee Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
- 28 days plus public holiday entitlement