18 days ago
We are currently looking to support our client operating in the oil and gas industry with a requirement for a Construction Manager to be based in Surrey on a 12-month contract basis - occasional visits to project sites (e.g. NL, Algeria, Scotland, etc.) required. Home office hours would be 5 normal days, however site based working could be up to 6 days a week. This role falls within the scope of IR35 and so appropriate payroll measures will have to be taken to satisfy this and we are happy to support and advise any interested candidates.
- Champion the development of effective Construction Procedures, Strategies and HES plans which support the overall project goals.
- Support the Project Execution and Business goals through planning, recruitment and management of site construction personnel, including their training and development.
- Supporting the sales/proposals business group with cost and schedule estimates, and working effectively with internal engineering and support groups, customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Driving constructability through pre-execution stages and stage gate reviews of the project
- Driving consistency and improvement of work processes for the Construction team
- Preferably degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline and/or significant experience in EPC/EPCM construction management throughout project lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience as a Construction Manager – at least 10 years of experience.
- Construction management background in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemicals processing industries is preferred. Cryogenics and/or Air Separation experience will be beneficial but not essential.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside of the organisation and across different cultures. Good presentation and report writing skills.
- Proven abilities in leadership, engaging, developing, and motivating teams.
- Effectiveness in prioritising and managing a heavy and diverse workload
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and standards with the ability to manage contractors.
- Computer literate (MS Office components)
- Use of and familiarity with process and safety tools such as P&ID’s and HAZOPs.
- Understanding of typical design datasheet/drawings and familiar with General design/construction standards in Mechanical /E&I field which can be related to those generated by the Company.
- Proven Construction Safety experience and knowledge
- Change Management processes and implementation
- Project costing skills for evaluation and managing constructability
- Project planning skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside of the organisation.
Support the Project Efforts through:
- Providing construction input to the project throughout the engineering phase
- Developing the project construction strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy
- Developing installation sequencing, schedule timings and resource requirements
- Preparing project specific site procedures and work practices as required
- Assisting with construction feasibility and method studies
- Supporting development of the project logistic strategy relevant to heavy and out of gauge equipment/modules
- Leading coordination of development of heavy lifting/installation studies including out of gauge equipment/modules
- Owning input to the Constructability of a plant, including use of the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues