We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our client's company based in a dynamic and global engineering environment.
What does the job involve?
As a Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for developing and supporting in-house software applications for factory automation. This role involves low-level C software development in real-time environments (Linux) and requires occasional travel for short design trips and supervising commissioning phases.
What skills and experience?
- Proficiency in C on Linux
- Experience with C/C++ System-Level Development and Architecture
- Familiarity with Linux, x86 architecture, and real-time environments
- Knowledge of process control within industrial environments
- Expertise in low-level C software development, networking, communication protocols, software design, and integration
- Experience with on-site commissioning and testing
What are we looking for?
- Degree level education or HND and relevant experience
- Effective prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and team-working skills
- Self-starter with a drive for results
- Chartered Engineer Status, or working toward this
What is the salary & benefits for a Software Engineer?
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
25 days holiday per annum plus declared public holidays
Holiday Purchase Scheme (purchase up to 5 additional days per year)
Flexible working (office and home)
Private Healthcare Plan
Management Car Subsidy Scheme
Management Bonus Scheme
Group Personal Pension Plan
On-site car parking
Canteen facilities on-site