We’re looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established design, engineering and fabrication company of a global manufacturer in the Greater Manchester area.
What does the job involve?
• Carry out all aspects of mechanical design for the production of general arrangement drawings, assembly drawings, fabrication drawings, bill of materials and as-built drawings.
• Production of concept and detailed design deliverables.
• Sourcing any bought in items from existing approved suppliers where applicable.
• Raise any necessary paperwork for new suppler audits prior to specifying new products.
• Design using iLogic templates.
• 3D Modelling of bespoke products in Autodesk Inventor.
• Produce calculations and FEA analysis.
• Full consideration of product performance requirements prior to commencement of works.
• Awareness and experience of testing and assessment standards including fire integrity and insulation.
• Attend shop floor as required.
What qualifications, skills and experience do you need?
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years’+ practical experience or HND in Engineering with at least 5 years’ practical engineering experience.
• Proven track record in industrial sheet metal and steel fabrications.
• Experience using Autodesk 3D Inventor, 2D AutoCAD and Autodesk Vault.
• Ability to use Ansys FEA software.
• Ability to program templates using iLogic/ Visual Basic.
• Understanding of steel plate manufacturing principals and constraints, laser cutting, weld limitations and press machinery.
What are the pay and benefits?
• £34,000 - £38,000 per annum plus additional staff benefits