£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
about 2 months ago
We’re looking for a competent and experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join the Logistics department on a permanent basis to be based in Meriden, in the West Midlands. This is to work for an industry leader operating in the agricultural sector that is transforming the industry through innovation in new technology, processes and methods.
As a warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible to coordinate and manage the routine warehousing activities as well as the warehouse workers. You will be implementing new strategies to improve production productivity, product quality and set new customer service standards to accomplish our goals. You should ensure that all the assigned tasks are completed within the decided timelines. Further information is given below and prospective candidates should possess a strong motivation to succeed both as an individual and within a team. Previous agricultural sector experience is not necessarily required as on the job training will be provided for candidates who have evidenced their ability to perform job roles similar to that described below. The company is looking for long term commitments from candidates and willing to reward and look after their staff accordingly.
- Organize, as well as, maintain storage and inventory area Measure and report the effectiveness of employees’ performance and warehousing operations
- Ensure the accuracy of all transactions and shipments Train and coach employees and communicate the job expectations
- Assign data entry tasks to juniors and new joiners.
- Assign workload and determine staffing levels Coordinate and confer activities with other departments Identify areas that require improvement and also establish creative work practices and procedures
- Interact with the customers to resolve their issues and answer their questions
- Coordinate with the HR Department while hiring employees for the Warehouse Department.
- A good understanding of the industry’s leading software systems
- An ability to research and invest in automation
- A keen understanding of the importance of warehouse layout
- A head for safety and first aid
- An ability to emphasize associate training
- A head for analyzation that supports good customer service
Foundation level degree - or equivalent level qualification and experience.
3 years’ experience (minimum) in an equivalent role
High level of professionalism and commitment demonstrated in all that they do
PAY AND BENEFITS for the Warehouse Supervisor role
- £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
- Holiday entitlement: at least 35 days paid annual leave for all workers who work a 5-day week (excluding bank holidays)
- Attractive pension programme
- Corporate health insurance
- Income protection
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental insurance
To apply for the Warehouse Supervisor role, please click ‘Apply Now’