19 days ago
We're currently looking for a Technical Authority Manager for a permanent staff role based in Aberdeen. This is to join a highly respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s major energy companies. The role is to oversee the Technical Authorities who provide technical governance and guidance for the company’s assets and contracts.
A description is given below – if this role could interest then please contact me with a copy of your latest CV and information on your current situation and availability to start a new role, plus your salary expectations. .
What does the job involve?
- Responsible for leading the Technical Authorities group. The Technical Authorities group provide engineering strategies, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure regulatory compliance, for the safe and efficient operation of company operated assets, supported assets and contracts.
- Convenes and chairs the regular Technical Authority meetings for company duty holder assets.
- Provides technical input into the company risk review meetings, Regional Integrity Review Board. Ensuring the operational risks are elevated in the organisation.
- Chairs the regular Technical Authority meetings for external duty holder assets.
- Carries out regular site visits and undertakes audits of operations.
- Supports in the development of Bid and Tender documents.
- Accountable for budgets and cost control, ensuring that resources efficiently managed to provide maximum value to the business
- The ability to apply sound independent judgement in the support of a resolution to complex and non-routine problems.
What skills and experience do you need?
- A member of an Engineering institution.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer, CEng. With relevant oil and gas or chemical industries experience.
- Relevant engineering degree or extensive years of experience in oil and gas or chemical industries.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements, design codes and guidance.
- Good understanding of risk management in the major accident hazard environment.
- Offshore medical and associated certification required to go offshore.
- Appropriate level of experience built up through oil & gas industry/ offshore exposure
- Good behavioural and communicational skills for dealing with customers and a diverse workforce
- Sound technical discipline knowledge
- Ability to work in team in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to lead a team of Technical experts.
What are the pay and benefits?
- A competitive base salary
- Pension Scheme – Standard Life - 3.5% Employee / 7% Employer
- UK Healthcare – AXA
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Personal Accident insurance
- Life Assurance (3x Base Salary)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Employee Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
- 30 days plus 3 public holiday entitlement
- Plus, much more