13 days ago
We’re looking for a Systems Engineer on a permanent basis to join our client based in Bacton, Norfolk
They are a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies. They design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries.
Main purpose of the role:
To Ensure smooth running of all SCADA, PLC, Telecoms, Instrument and communications protocol with onshore gas plant and offshore facilities up to and including decommissioning phase.
What does the job involve?
- Provide technical services and support to managed assets of 10 fixed offshore platforms and personnel. Includes diagnosing issues to resolve as quickly as possible and relevant actions to be taken to reduce downtime.
- Maintaining IT networks including liaising with Corporate IT for infrastructure changes.
- Maintaining the Controls networks, Wi-Fi, and telecoms systems. Including all hardware of which include various models of PLCs, Cisco hardware, SAT comms and microwave/wireless equipment. Using Modbus, RS232, RS485 and TCP/IP protocols.
- Technical support and software changes to SCADA, DCS and other Instrument, electrical and telecoms systems.
- Working with onshore/offshore based staff to design, complete and develop offshore scopes and projects in line with Management of Change procedures.
- Liaising and organising customer/vendor scopes for offshore activities. FAT/SAT inspection of DSE control, LHM and various interfaces to equipment systems.
- Maintaining procedure documents and reviewing periodically for change.
- Act as focal point for OT Systems with guidance from OT Cyber Security Lead
- Cybersecurity focal point for South North Sea.
- Carry out and record routine preventative maintenance to keep equipment reliability as high as possible on centralised system. Discipline approver of change and deferral requests.
- Cover for Instrument Engineer and provide input to all instrument related issues within he business unit.
- Liaise with Projects and Engineering to provide operational readiness reviews from FEED studies trough to implementation act as a key member for development of all PSSR requirements.
- Gain knowledge in functional safety and LoPA/SIL processes and procedures. Liaise with FS Lead to understand proof testing frequencies and requirements.
- Act as on call engineer for any call outs that require immediate intervention to keep communications live between Bacton and the offshore facilities.
- Responsible for Systems and instrument budget input to Operations manager during OPEX build.
- Maintain and monitor LE and take accountability of own budget lines within client OPEX & CAPEX agreed budgets.
- Raise additional CAPEX or OPEX spend requests as required throughout the budget year dependant on breakdowns and urgent implementation requirements.
- Review budget lines as per cycle through to COP and decommissioning of facility.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Strong background in SCADA and process control.
- Degree or equivalent experience in subject matter.
- Appreciation and knowledge of OT Cyber security
- Knowledge of basic IT & Networking Architecture.
- Knowledge of various communication protocols
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Offshore Medical
- SBT1 & SBT2- (desired but not essential)
- Strong Computer skills with word, excel and reporting applications
What are the pay and benefits?
- A competitive base salary
- Pension Scheme – Standard Life - 3.5% Employee / 7% Employer
- UK Healthcare – AXA
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Personal Accident insurance
- Life Assurance (3x Base Salary)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Employee Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
- 28 days plus public holiday entitlement