Working from home, United Kingdom
22 days ago
We are looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer to join our client based in Greater Manchester on a long-term contract basis. Our client is a leading multidiscipline engineering consultancy who work across a number of sectors including Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Fine Chemical and Life Sciences.
This role will initially be based from home.
What’s the job?
The main purpose of the role is to carry out process design work, including:-Design concept and layout development, Process descriptions and Preparation of material balances.
Other duties include;
• Preparation of process flow diagrams & piping and instrumentation diagrams,
• Hazardous Area assessment,
• Preparation of equipment list and process equipment data sheets/specifications,
• Fluids list and materials selection,
• GMP review,
• Process hazard studies (inc. HAZOP) and design safety reviews,
• SIL assessment
• Detail process design calculation,
• Pressure relief design
• Utilities schedules, utilities flow diagrams and line sizing,
• Preparation of validation documentation.
• Approval and checking of all process design work on allocated projects.
• Ability to make presentations to clients on process design or concept issues.
• Ensure the operation aspects of any design are correct and are understood by other disciplines, in particular Control and Instrumentation.
What experience do you need?
- First degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, CEng, MIChemE
- Experience of working within the Pharmaceutical, Fine Chemical or Bio-technology sector is highly preferred
- Good working knowledge of process plant and equipment e.g. pumps, vessels, materials handling, mixing plant
- Experience of PFD/P&ID's, HAZOP, HAZID and Mass & Energy Balances
£38 - £45 Ltd per hour
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please click the apply button.
During the COVID19 situation our clients are still working and recruiting. The interview process will consist of video interview and then face to face interviews while respecting the social distancing rules.
Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.