24 days ago
DATS is recruiting for a Senior level Mechanical Engineer or Piping Engineer to join a busy client in Warrington , Northwest of England. This is a staff position offering good potential career opportunities. Our client operation nationally and has a turnover in the region of £100M This is a design and engineering position working on a variety of projects across the process industries. For example Water, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage and Manufacturing.
Mainly office/ home based but with occasional requirement to conduct on site surveys.
Role: Senior Mechanical / Piping Engineer
Position Type: Staff
Location: Warrington WA1
Industry: Design and Engineering
Date Posted: 21/7/20
What does the job involve?
The Mechanical / Piping Engineer will work closely with the Engineering & Design Director, Group Design Manager and Engineering & Design Team Leads to support the efficient and effective running of the department.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to work collaboratively with client’s Quality Assurance, Mechanical Installation teams, Project Management teams and Client Engineering Team.
The Senior Mechanical/Piping Engineer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Development preliminary Scope of Works into detailed engineering and design proposals including man-hour forecasts;
- Management of the effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets by personal leadership or directing other members of the team;
- Design subcontract management;
- Carry out design in accordance with approved customer; design guides, procedures and standards
- Equipment selection/specification.
- Provision of concept, developed and detailed design deliverables for mechanical / pipework installations and associated mechanical services installations (Including 3D Model, piping isometrics, general arrangement drawings, bill of materials, design risk register, steelwork support details, valve/equipment schedules, specifications etc.);
- Undertake site surveys and support site installation and commissioning activities;
- Mentor / train other mechanical team members;
- Undertake design reviews to validate compliance against technical standards & requirements;
- Providing effective, accurate & efficient technical advice to both internal & external customers;
- Preparation of design calculations;
- Fulfil ‘Designer’ Duty holder responsibilities as defined by the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015;
What skills and experience do you need?
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject;
- Working towards CEng (Desirable):
- Strong experience in UK construction projects;
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation;
- Knowledge of pipework stress analysis;
- Knowledge of IGEM design Standards;
- Project lifecycle experience;
- Experience using AutoCAD, CADWorx, Plant 3d( beneficial )
- Significant experience in the design of process pipework systems
- Significant experience in the selection/specification of equipment
- Knowledge of current standards and codes of practice including; PED, PSSR, ATEX, etc.
- Holder of CompEX training (Desirable)
- Knowledge of HAZOP process
- Experienced in undertaking constructability reviews.
What are the pay and benefits?
Salary depends on experience but between £45000- 55000. + benefits.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.