about 1 month ago
Senior Mechanical engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Warrington based client on a permanent basis. Our client is a well established and regarded Engineering company that operates through out the UK and a turnover of over £100 Million.
They operate in a variety of industries including water, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and food and beverages. They provide a multidiscipline service from design and FEED studies to installation
Role: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Type of position: Permanent
Location: Warrington / home based
Date posted: 2 June 2020
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the responsibility to support the Engineering & Design Department through the delivery of engineering services, design and design management of mechanical pipework and associated installations in a number of sectors including Water, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage and Manufacturing.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the responsibility to lead mechanical design projects and mechanical services related designs by others i.e. Structural / Steel Work designs. On a day to day basis he will support the mechanical team leader in all engineering aspects of work.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have a technical and engineering background and have industry related experience from a delivery, quality, cost and operational perspective.
Role detail description:
The Mechanical Piping Engineer will work closely with the Engineering & Design Director, Group Design Manager and Engineering & Design Team Leads to support the efficient and effective running of the department.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Development preliminary Scope of Works into detailed engineering and design proposals including man-hour forecasts;
- Management of the effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets by personal leadership or directing other members of the team;
- Design subcontract management;
- Carry out design in accordance with approved customer; design guides, procedures and standards
- Equipment selection/specification, specifically relating to process equipment in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provision of concept, developed and detailed design deliverables for mechanical pipework installations and associated mechanical services installations (Including 3D Model, piping isometrics, general arrangement drawings, bill of materials, design risk register, steelwork support details, valve/equipment schedules, specifications etc.);
- Undertake site surveys and support site installation and commissioning activities;
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative technical solutions;
- Have excellent communication skills to allow effective communication and collaborative working with the client and the client’s fabrication and installation teams;
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise;
- Mentor / train other mechanical team members;
- Undertake design reviews to validate compliance against technical standards & requirements;
- Providing effective, accurate & efficient technical advice to both internal & external customers;
- Preparation of design calculations;
Skills and experience
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject;
- Strong experience in UK construction projects;
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation;
- Knowledge of pipework stress analysis;
- Knowledge of structural steelwork design;
- Knowledge of IGEM design Standards;
- Experience using AutoCAD, CADWorx, Plant 3d and other Computer Aided Design tools;
- Significant experience in the design of process pipework systems in the Pharmaceutical industry to ensure good manufacturing practice;
- Significant experience in the selection/specification of equipment in the Water and / or Pharmaceutical industry;
- PED, PSSR, ATEX,
- Knowledge of HAZOP process
- Experienced in undertaking constructability reviews.
- Significant experience in the design of clean steam, plant steam and condensate systems.
Pay and benefits
Negotiable depends on experience
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.