about 1 month ago
Senior Piping/ Mechanical Designer
Contract 3 months
In order to improve mechanical capability and offering within the Engineering Solutions Engineering and Design Department there is a vacancy for a Senior Mechanical Designer.
- Generation of mechanical drawings including
- 3D modelling,
- 2D GAs, plot plans,
- Pipework isometrics,
- Pipework support details.
- Proficient with the following software packages:
- AutoCAD Suit of programs
- Microsoft suit of programs
- An understanding and some knowledge of the following
- Laser Scanning
- Performing Site Surveys.
- Piping Fabrication techniques
- Pressure Vessel design and Codes
- Compilation of typical schedules for mechanical services projects including line schedules, tie-in point schedules, valve schedules.
- Familiarity with typical project pipe specifications and able to design within their constraints.
- Work packages encompass varying project stages from concept through to detail design and will include requirement for construction support.
- Ability to work in a multi discipline organization and work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives.
- Ability to identify innovative solutions and embrace emerging technology.
- Responsible for man-hour and progress reporting on project work allocated.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
HNC qualified in related subject, membership of professional Institution or similar body is desirable.
Extensive experience (at least 5 years) in a relevant design role including 3D modelling and delivery of mechanical designs within projects within a multitude of industry sectors.
You must possess strong communication and organisational skills.