London, United Kingdom
Up to £50,000
9 days ago
We are currently looking to support our client - a specialist in the marine and offshore sector - with a requirement for a Senior Engineer (5-10 years' experience) conversant with ANSYS and STAAD software to produce FEA analysis of offshore structures. This is a permanent staff requirement to start as soon as possible and be based in an office in Central London, although some amount of home working may be possible whilst pandemic restrictions are in place. Any further changes to working arrangements would need to be discussed at interview but the preference would be for office based candidates.
A description is given below and candidates will be required to provide examples of their previous work in ANSYS (or similar) and STAAD (or similar) and Hand calcs.
No details on salary have been released so expectations will need to be provided in advance. If you would like to be considered please send me a copy of your latest CV with details on your current situation and availability to start a new role if successful. I apologise if this does not interest but please feel free to pass this onto anyone you know who may be suitable and looking at the moment.
Structural / Mechanical Stress engineer specialist for our London Office.
Candidates shall provide examples of their previous work in ANSYS (or similar) and STAAD (or similar) and Hand calc.
The next step will be to organise a first round of interview for preselected candidates on first or second week of March.
We will then shortlist up to 3 candidates and there will be a second technical interview with our Structural Lead (with a 3D modelling in Ansys exercise most likely).
-Stress Engineer with circa 5 to 10 years' experience
-Proficient with ANSYS (Linear/NonLinear/Buckling/Fatigue) or similar FEA software
-Able to perform without support Hand Strength, Weld and Bolting Calculations.
-Able to read ship drawings
-Able to review and mark up a drawing
-Work well and effectively, communicate with others at all levels.
-Ability to work autonomously.
-Excellent written and verbal communication
- Produce FEA analysis of offshore structures using Ansys (see our website for examples),
- Able to perform analysis and solve overstresses autonomously,
- Develop designs from preliminary to detailed, guiding drafting department to develop design drawings for manufacture.
- Communicate with engineering and drafting team,
- Able to answer shipyard or client structural , technical fabrication queries.
Desirables Previous Experience:
- From any industry (marine, nuclear, mechanical, civil, o&g, etc..) only required to be well versed with ANSYS and STAAD
- Shipyard background is a plus.