7 months ago
We are currently looking to support our client operating in the process energy sector with a requirement for a Senior / Principal Electrical Engineer to be based in Surrey. This will be to start in late January 2022 with an initial duration of 6 months, operating inside IR35. This role will be open to further contract extensions beyond the initial duration and there may be the possibility for a small level of home working but applicants should still expect the vast majority of work to be performed in office.
As the role falls within the scope of IR35, appropriate payroll measures will have to be taken to satisfy this and we are happy to support and advise any interested candidates. Rates have not yet been released and so are negotiable to expectations. To apply please respond with a copy of your latest CV in MS Word format with your current situation and availability and general rate expectations (via an Inside IR35 route).
Degree qualified, Chartered Engineer to manage large projects ($100K - $10 million) with supervisory and budget responsibility. Prior experience of large motors (induction and synchronous) range 1-10MW is required. Additional prior experience of larger motors 10MW + would be preferred. Experience in specification and procurement of low, medium and high voltage Switchgear, Power transformers and Power electronics (LCI's, VSD's and Thyristor Controllers). Must have prior working of software packages for analysis of power systems (e.g. SKM Powertools / ETAP).
Responsible for providing specialist electrical engineering services to one or more projects. Committed to execute projects on schedule and budget (hours/capital) to ensure project profitability is maintained. He/she will also supervise others within their group to ensure the same whilst coordinating with the wider GEMTE team to facilitate efficient and effective project execution. The individual will also need to be increasingly involved with seeking alternative ways of execution to keep company competitive within region and contributing to improvement of other electrical staff to do the same. In particular, the effective development of the Indian Design sub office is key to this for the regional Indian execution.
This position is accountable for the following end results:
1. Leading execution of all elements of the electrical scope of work on a range of proposals and projects executed in the EMEAI region, reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager
2. Coordinating the efforts of the Electrical Designers
3. Providing input to company electrical design standards
4. Developing new suppliers and outsourcing partners
5. Defining future and improving existing execution models for electrical engineering scope
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Minimum of degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering; you should be either a Chartered Engineer or actively pursuing Chartered Engineer status with the appropriate Institute
2. Proven experience in electrical power engineering working in a design function within the process design industry
3. Some experience in a supervisory position with budget responsibility
4. Demonstrated understanding of large motors (induction and synchronous) in the range of 1-10MW; experience with larger motors (10MW up) will be a plus
5. Experience in specification and procurement of low, medium and high voltage Switchgear, Power transformers and Power electronics (LCI's, VSD's and Thyristor Controllers)
6. An ability to work with software packages for analysis of power systems ( e.g. SKM Powertools or ETAP)