Cheshire, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
Senior Electrical Designer
We’re looking for an experienced Electrical Designer to join our Warrington based client on a permanent staff basis. Our client is an established Engineering Contractor that operates in a variety of industrial sectors including water, chemical, nuclear and pharmaceutical industries. They are £100M turnover company who operate throughout the UK. This role is based in their main North West office and is largely involved in pharmaceutical building services.
The Senior Electrical Designer will have the responsibility to support the local projects teams through the provision of Electrical Design Services including:
- Provision of 2D Design Deliverables, GAs, equipment layouts and cable/containment routing diagrams
- Single line diagrams
- Cable block diagrams
- Earthing diagrams
- Loop diagrams
- Full suite of traditional building services deliverables including lighting, LV distribution, data cabling, Fire systems CCTV , alarms .
- Site surveys
The Senior Electrical Designer will have a technical engineering background ideally in the pharmaceutical sector but need to be from a building services back ground .
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) in a relevant design role including successful delivery of electrical installation designs within projects.
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject
- Membership of professional Institution or similar body is desirable
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical construction projects is definitely an advantage
- Experience of E&I design best practices
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support)
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with experience of undertaking 'Designer’ role
- Ability to undertake site surveys
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team
- Familiarity with hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principals and generation of associated documentation i.e. Intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules
- Work packages encompass varying project stages from concept through to detail design and will include requirement for construction support
Must be proficient in the use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
- Microsoft suite of programs
Pay and benefits
Salary £45-50000 + benefits
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.