about 1 month ago
We are currently looking for a semi-skilled Warehouse Assistant for a role working for our client based in Greater Manchester on a temporary contract basis in the manufacturing sector.
This will begin in late September/early October and will run until the end of 2021 with the possibility for further extensions thereafter. This will operate on a shift basis totalling 36 hours per week working:
Monday to Thursday either 6am-2pm or 2pm - 10pm AND
Friday 6am-12pm or 12pm-6pm Friday.
The candidate will be undertaking semi-skilled duties within the client's Rubber Shop. You will be keen to take on challenges, develop your leadership and or skills potential as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting initiatives.
Candidates must have prior experience working within a high productivity rubber injection process environment. An FLT licence would be advantageous but it is not mandatory for application.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Tube preparation including degreasing, blasting & bond application.
• Stator moulding duties in the autoclave sections, REP sections & transfer moulding (Free Mould) section.
• Stator stamping, spraying and dispatch duties.
• Relevant administration duties, e.g. route cards.
• FLT duties as required.
• General housekeeping duties.
• Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
• Actively contribute to quality and safety improvement meetings / initiatives.
• Perform any other work related tasks and duties in accordance with the business needs.
• Comply with all company, Quality + HSE policies and procedures.
• Travel as and when required
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Experience within a manufacturing environment.
• Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills (Learning on the fly)
• Has and uses the required functional and technical knowledge and skills to do job at a high level of accomplishment (Functional &Technical)
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Time management)
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs (Process management)
• Performs work with energy and drive while exploring other opportunities to contribute (Action oriented)
• Communicates effectively, both inside and outside the organisation, on both simple and complex topics (Presentation skills)
• Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer focus)
• Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals (Self development)