14 days ago
We’re looking for Rope Access Electrical Technicians for a 12 month contract to join our client based in Aberdeen.
They are a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies. They design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries.
Main purpose of the role:
Assessed as the Responsible Electrical Person for the installation.
What does the job involve?
- Carry out planned routine electrical Ex inspections utilising digital technology to record results
- Perform minor repairs to Ex-rated equipment where fail and fix is required
- Be able to support platform electrical technicians, providing additional cover during shutdowns or projects and times of reduced manpower.
- Be able to safely utilise rope access / working at hight skills where required.
- Be familiar with all appropriate codes and standards and ensure they are applied in a safe manner
- Be competent with ISSOW permit to work procedures.
- Be competent with Maximo and able to raise Corrective Work Orders when required.
- Adopt safe-working practices at all times and, where appropriate, in accordance with the Company’s Operating Procedures
What skills and experience do you need?
- Understand the requirements of the Electricity at Work Act and associated regulations
- Be able to demonstrate competence ON Ex inspection activities
- Be able to demonstrate competence to provide stand-in cover for asset electrical technicians
- Be competent in the use of MAXIMO
- Qualified to provide isolation authority-type services when required.
- Be qualified in ISSOW control of work procedures