29 days ago
We are looking for a Records Support Officer on a contract basis to join our client in a friendly and dynamic team in Bridgwater on the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project, with some days spent at project site.
The role is inside IR35 and will require security clearance which can take 2-3 weeks. Pay rate would be £25 per hour.
Working within the Quality Records Branch and reporting to the relevant contractor team Quality Management Lead, the Records Support Officer is responsible to deliver and monitor the Documents, Records, Authority and Certificates arrangements in order to support ONR Nuclear License Conditions 6 obligations with respect to Lifetime Quality Records (LTQR).
Following induction and training, you'll provide direct support to an HPC contractor management team under the supervision of the team Quality Management Lead (QML).
The position is within the Quality department of the delivery directorate. The Quality department develops and maintains policies, strategies, standards, procedures and best practice in quality as well as providing oversight of HPC’s activities and effectiveness.
- Be able to follow established Quality Department policies, procedures and specifications in identifying, processing and reporting LTQR information.
- Supporting the QML and PM in the HPC contractor team to which the post holder is assigned.
- Be trained and have access to Teamcenter EDMS and other relevant IT tools including but not limited to Skype, MS Teams and Office 365;
- Within the contractor support team be able to positively and flexibly respond to provide to a single HBC contract or multiple contracts according to schedule and workload requirements;
- Support the work scope from remote working locations (e.g. from own home), office based locations on-site or in-factory as directed;
- Checking of HBC Contractor LOD/LDRC lists of documents in regard to completeness and correctness
- Work with the QML to specify records requirements to contractors and continuously review performance by reviewing compliance reporting tools
The Records Support Officer will be deployed based on operational need to support the Quality Records Branch and Quality Department operators such as Quality Management leads.
This will include working in Quality Management or associated administrative areas such as understanding requirements, technical writing, implementing agreed solutions, collating and interpreting data, creating reports and monitoring the effectiveness of the implemented solutions including:
- Support QML’s on Teamcenter tasks
- Track and chase up on open points
- Support quality completeness checks
There will be expediting the deployment and implementation of records requirements and the post holder may, from time to time be asked to undertake tasks in more than one of the above three areas.
- Gather and validate data for monthly Records dashboards
- Support authoring of management system documentation
- Support workshop facilitation, requirements gathering and compilation of findings
- Produce dashboards on a regular basis for a variety of audiences
- Provide regular progress reporting to Records Branch Managers
- Identify gaps & improvements, propose solutions
- Prepare materials for engagement with Regulators
- Provide efficient and effective support for the records branch
- Participate in defining and implementing solutions and monitoring the effectiveness
- Champion the Records Management Processes across the project and with external stakeholders
- Seek to continuously improve Records Management performance across the project
- All other tasks as requested by the Records Branch managers
- Strong organisational skills with ability to take direction
- Support preparation of presentation material
- Act as a strong advocate for best practice, able to support and defend practical deployment and solutions, whilst remaining open to the ideas of others
- Understanding of Records / Document and Data Management methodologies and tools within a major infrastructure project environment
- Understanding and application of the QA processes
- Ability to read, interpret and translate requirements
- Relevant technical (preferably quality) degree or equivalent professional qualifications sufficient to demonstrate competency assessment. (for Technical RSO)
- A level / equivalent or relevant experience in a subject that demonstrates relevant organisation skills (for Non Technical RSO)
- Experience of interfacing with project teams and with supply chain organisations
- Experience of analysing data, preparing reports and making recommendations
- Teamcenter / Documentum / CEMAR / Business Objects / Power BI experience would be advantageous
- Experience of Technical Authoring
- Records / Document and Data management experience
- Creation and facilitation of workshops