Altrincham, United Kingdom
17 days ago
We are looking for Quality Microbiologist to join our Holmes Chapel-based client on a contract-basis. Our client is an industry leading pharmaceutical manufacturer.
What does the job involve?
- Conducts testing of QC samples for the specific laboratory area and manage own workload
- Analyse data using standard procedures
- Contribute to quality key performance indicators and deliver, measure/trend data to team.
- Challenge and seek improvements in ways of working/processes
- Perform testing according to prioritisation and contribute to any improvements
- Provide Microbiological/lab support for Team Leader in internal, Global regulatory inspections and customer audits when required.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Good technical knowledge and expertise of quality control principles and systems in a GMP environment.
- Computer-literate with experience in the use of Laboratory (LIMS, Data capture) systems as well as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in projects and investigation
- Knowledge and understanding of global pharmaceutical regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrates competence and clarity in both written and oral communication e.g. presentations at team meetings, ability to write ILIs and demonstrates understanding to execute FSIs as well as non-complex technical and investigational reports, communication at team meeting
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate procedures and concepts within the team and on occasions to the department. Ability to train instructional techniques
- Self-motivated with ability to plan and manage own workload with some supervision during the working day.
- Challenges and questions locally and across team ways of working to seek improved processes and performance
- Takes responsibility for supporting change, is prepared to take or support action, and/or escalate to ensure implementation of appropriate actions
- Ability to respond to auditor questions and describing local systems on external audit tours with positive outcomes
- The individual should have good knowledge and understanding of the principles and concepts of compliance management and GMP/GLP
- The individual should have a good understanding of analytical chemistry or microbiology, laboratory instrumentation and/or related information systems.
- The individual should have a basic understanding of the industry and be responsive to of regulatory changes, new technologies, Pharmacopoeial requirements and their impact on the function.
- An understanding of own quality assurance function, as well as a basic understanding of other functions and how they contribute to achieving the objectives of the business.
- The individual has some understanding of business functions and supports reacting to issues on how QC performance impacts functional customer service.
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!
Recruitment processes with our clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
DATS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer which promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Updated March 2020