about 1 month ago
Project Team Manager- HQ00570
24 Days Holidays - Bank Holidays – Benefits - Pension
Who is the company?
My client is a market leading manufacturing company based in Warrington. With over 30 years in the industry, with rapid growth in new business combined with current projects they are looking to bring in a Project Manager to lead their Projects team.
If you are looking to work for an excellent organisation, who have been in a continued period of growth and are invested in the training and development of their staff, this opportunity may just be the one for you.
What does the Job involve?
Reporting into Directors, this position sits within the Projects department, based in their Warrington office. You will be responsible for coordination of projects, activities and documentation, you will work closely with customers to understand and deliver what they are looking for.
Duties will include:
From point of sales handover managing the project planning department to deliver construction projects in a well-coordinated and timely manner
The role involves reviewing project requirements, liaising with sites, subcontractors, and customers. This will also involve managing projects yourself as well as supervising a team of project coordinators to manage projects, specialist material / site equipment procurement and transport coordination.
Key requirements of the role are outlined below:
· Scheduling projects to meet customer required site dates and assessing sites.
· Working with installation manager to help assess number of days/men required on site and value of overtime/associated job costs in line with project values.
· Ability to understand 2D and 3D CAD drawings
· Responsible for effective management of all planning, transport, procurement, and installation schedules to ensure efficient management of resource.
· Attend site visits for preinstall / snagging / customer meetings
· Coordinating with the factory manager to maintain production programmes
· Work with operations department to coordinate and schedule transport / deliveries, taking the lead and responsibility to produce and manage the transport schedule.
· Working with the design office to develop processes and systems across the departments and ensure integration between both areas.
· Personally manage / own individual projects
· Managing resource within your team to ensure in house installation staff have the required accreditations / training and that re training is planned in a timely manner
· Managing the department in line with documented company policies and procedures including but not limited to any H&S policies and Quality policies and procedures
What skills & experience do you need?
Key skills include:
· Construction industry experience
· Managerial experience
· Reading 2D and 3D CAD drawings
· Good organisational skills
· Good communication skills – both written and verbal
· Microsoft packages Basic contracts experience
Keywords: Project Manager, Project Management, Coordination, Transport, Site, Projects, Project Coordinator, Project coordination, Project Admin, Administration, Construction, Word, Excel, Access, Sage, CAD, Construction, Canopy, Manufacturing, Aluminium, Timber, Steel