£80,000 per annum
22 days ago
Process Team Lead
We are currently looking to recruit a Process Team Lead to be based in Aberdeen.
Our client is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies - design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries.
Main purpose of the Process Team Lead role:
Lead a team of Senior and Process Engineers to provide process engineering advice ensuring that all risks to personnel are reduced to a level that is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP), thereby ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and company policies.
The role requires an imaginative, lateral thinker with wide experience of process engineering to support our diverse portfolio ensuring we retain strength and depth across the team to deliver a consistent high quality service to all our customers and clients.
The Process Team Lead is to
- Take personal responsibility and ‘Live’ the Company’s values, applying them in day-to-day work.
- Lead, manage and be responsible for a team of Senior and Process Engineers, as well as Graduate Engineers including goal setting and performance management.
- Drive the development of team members to create a high performing team
- Through the Process team provide Operational Support across the portfolio and where required support areas such as selection studies, design, commissioning & decommissioning.
- Lead discipline engineers to ensure project delivery, technical quality of work produced by the team; to be able to demonstrate competence in the role and to assist with audits on others within the discipline team.
- Resolve technical queries and ensure the resolution is satisfactory and ensure that all design changes are captured by the change control process.
- Plan, budget and coordinate resources, contribute to the development of plans, schedules and estimates for the individual workscopes. Preparation of CTR’s as required.
- Review and report job progress and cost reports regarding engineering activities.
- Where appropriate, engage with and support external consultants & contractors to carry out specialist studies, to ensure delivery of quality process engineering support in all relevant areas.
- Maintain awareness of relevant new/emerging regulations and support any consultation processes, to ensure Company is well positioned to manage any impact.
- Provide advocacy in relation to technical safety improvements and deployment of new tools and techniques, to ensure good engineering practice is maintained and to promote continuous improvement as demanded by the company's management systems.
- Review best practice in and outside of Oil and Gas sector for purposes of continual improvement.
- Assist and provide cover for Process Technical Authority as necessary.
Skills & Experience as a Process Team Lead:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering or demonstrable experience in a similar or relevant job position
- Able to demonstrate sound knowledge of best practice, industry standards and statutory legislation.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Process modelling techniques - Hysys.
- Proven experience of producing quality audit reports to schedule.
- Work experience in major accident hazard industries in an oil and gas environment
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work with diverse teams and cultures.
- Must be willing to travel offshore/site.
- Capable of representing the Company’s OPO and Client to business associates in a professional manner.
To apply for the Process Team Lead role, please click ‘Apple Now’