about 1 month ago
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday - 12 hours: 6pm to 6am. The rate of pay will be £12.09 per hour beginning on a 6 month probation period before going permanent thereafter.
For the first 12-13 weeks however a full time day shift will apply: Monday-Friday 6am-4pm – where all candidates will undergo safety and job training before then beginning the weekend, night shift pattern. This is none negotiable due to safety requirements and payable at a separate rate of £10.07 per hour
The company are a high-level chemical manufacturing company with sites based across the North-West of England. This role is urgent and will be to start as soon as possible, with interviews expected to take place in the next few weeks.
A description is given below but we would like to see CVs from Production Operators / Process Operators with chemical sector experience and a current Forklift Truck licence. For more information and to apply please contact me with an updated copy of your latest CV and information on your availability to start - in what is an urgent role for our client.
The main purpose of this role is for the batch manufacture of our products. This role also includes many other aspects of manufacturing and will work as an integral part of the production team. The position includes retrieving, weighing, and mixing/reacting chemical ingredients. Monitoring of equipment during the chemical process and recording information to ensure quality, safety and efficiency are requisites of the role.
All aspects of site operations must be completed in a safe, timely and professional manner reporting any problems which arise.
The Production Operator is required to assist in the improvement of products by reporting observations during manufacturing and to work with the production team members in order to aid development of best processes and products.
• Ensure that all operational activities associated with batch manufacture are carried out in compliance to the sites Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements
• To manufacture products according to details and instructions stated on the formulation batch sheet and specification, and to report in writing any deviations from these procedures immediately to the appropriate parties.
• To make accurate additions or adjustments when instructed by Laboratory Staff
• To complete all necessary documentation accurately and in a timely manner
• Immediately report any incidents that the management need to address using the appropriate reporting systems
• Respond to required corrective and preventive action in a timely manner
• FLT operator duties as required [subject to licence]
• Any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Directors and Management of the Company would also be included in the responsibilities
• Monitoring of raw materials requirements and informing supervisor when finished products are suitably packaged for movement to the warehouse.
• Participate as required in design / Hazard reviews
• Maintain workplace to a good housekeeping standard
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
Experience of working in a chemical / process type industry
Any experience working on a COMAH will be advantageous
Understanding of chemical processes
Ability to follow Manufacturing Instructions
Forklift Truck experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing and maintaining PPE
A desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality
Troubleshooting issues with production equipment
Working with other team members
Flexible approach to working
Good understanding of sampling and product testing
Educated to NVQ level 2 in relevant subject
IOSH Managing Safely
Forklift truck licence (Essential)
Level 2 Maths [GCSE grade C or above]