about 1 month ago
We are looking for a Pressure Tester on a 6 month contract basis. This will be based in Greater Manchester, starting as soon as possible, and operating in the engineering sector - full time hours, rotating shifts 6am - 2pm & 2pm - 10pm. There is a strong possibility this role may also extend or go permanent after the 6 month contract period.
Candidates should preferably have an engineering background with working experience with overhead cranes. An FLT license and prior experience with impact guns would be beneficial but not necessary for applications.
A description is given below and a rate of pay between £13.20 - £14.20 will be available. To apply please contact me with a copy of your latest CV and details on your availability to start a new role
As a pressure tester, you will conduct Hydro-static pressure testing of products as per company processes and standards.
You will be keen to take on new challenges, develop your skills within the department and work closely with the management team to satisfy our customer expectations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Pressure Testing products to required processes and standards.
• Visual inspection and reporting to required processes and standards.
• Basic Assembly processes.
• Operation of Hydraulic Presses and manual tools.
• Relevant administration duties, Work order Instructions / testing records.
• General expert knowledge of relevant test equipment to required process requirements.
• General housekeeping duties.
• Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
• Perform any other work-related tasks and duties in accordance with the business needs.
• Comply with all Company and HSE policy and procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Previous experience within a manufacturing environment conducting pressure testing activities.
• Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills (Learning on the fly)
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Time management)
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs (Process management)
• Performs work with energy and drive while exploring other opportunities to contribute (Action oriented)
• Communicates effectively, both inside and outside the organisation, on both simple and complex topics
• Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus
• Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
Essential - Secondary Education
Desirable - Time-served apprenticeship within a Mechanical Engineering discipline, equivalent to either City and Guilds Level 3, or NVQ Level 3
Essential - Experience of pressure testing pumps and waste-water product.
Desirable - Worked in an Engineering environment with 5+ years’ experience
Skills, training, or special knowledge
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Manual handing training / Slinging & Lifting Training
• HSE awareness