12 days ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Plant Operator for a 3 month contract role based in Aberdeen with a busy and thriving industry expert working in the oil and gas sector.
This will start as soon as possible supporting a gases division as a Plant Operator with Cylinder sorting/filling/picking/ and loading. This will be a full time role with rates expected to be around £13 per hour PAYE.
I’m keen to see CVs from Plant Operators with cylinder filling and loading experience – possessing current valid FLT licences. Please contact me with a copy of your CV if this fits you.
• To safely control the filling activity at the depot, which includes operating electrical motors, running cryogenic and non-cryogenic pumps moving and coupling cylinders to fill points and loading into pallets
• To control the loading activity through use of a Fork lift truck
• Complete process documentation in legible and indelible fashion
• Analysis starting and finished product for compliance with specification
• Receive incoming product and check for conformity
• Raise operational issues which affect the manufacturing capability or the product purity to the responsible person
• To ensure that all activity is performed to the operating procedures
• To maintain high standards of production to prevent contamination perform analytical procedural requirements
• Ensure that systems are operated safely and efficiently
• Report all operational faults as they arise
• Cylinder handling and loading of pallets and trucks
• Cylinder inspection ,cleaning and painting ,labelling and minor cylinder repairs SHE Management
• Maintain safe working practices
• Report all situations which arise which could lead to an unsafe condition
• Comply with all necessary legal & corporate safety standards
• Safety and environmental welfare of self and other staff
• Comply with use of P.P.E. in designated operational zones
• Report any personal hygiene Quality Management
• Ensure all quality documentation is completed
• Ensure analytical instrument calibration checks are carried out
• Report all occasions of product failing to meet specification
Filling plant to fill 02, N2, AR, CO2. Flammable and non-flammable gases and gas mixtures into cylinders at pressures up to 230 bar, (or 300 bar if applicable). Equipment comprises pumps, vaporisers, manifolds, weigh scales. Contaminant detectors and gas analysers.
Cylinder handling equipment including fork-lift trucks and pallets.
Cylinder Delivery Fleet comprising palletised delivery trucks, rapid response and mini-tanker delivery vehicles.
Vacuum insulated pipe work and fill facilities for filling LOX, UN, LAR and CO2 minitanks.
Office and Fill Buildings, Fuel Tank and Stores
Medical gas filling and analysis.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Have an operational or engineering background from within an Industry with a reputation for safe
Ability to drive Fork lift trucks in a safe and efficient manner
Knowledge of corporate Safety and operating procedures
Knowledge of M.C.A. G.M.P.
MOST CHALLENGING PART OF JOB
To meet customer service requirements with the minimum of resources.
The ability to deal with staff and peers and to command their respect.
The ability to handle multiple demands requiring quick resolution.
Prioritisation of limited resources on a continual and changing basis to maximise overall efficiency and effectiveness.
To apply for this Plant Operator role please click Apply now below