29 days ago
Engineer / Plant Manager
We’re looking for a Engineer/Plant Manager to join our Manchester based client on a permanent basis.
The primary responsibility is to improve operational performance by maintaining the plant, driving process, technological and environmental improvements. As a key member of our Team, you will have a strong combination of experience with both engineering technology and business acumen to bring value to the business. This role will also troubleshoot problems, take corrective action and upgrade processes. By doing so, you will also help to improve the operating skills and technical knowledge of the Operations Team.
You will resolve issues as and when they arise. The successful candidate will also monitor quality trends and make suggestions for continuous improvement of the plant.
- Good communication, leadership, analytical and negotiation skills
- Engineering experience in a related oil industry.
- Sound knowledge of operating the equipment and safety procedures
- Experience with steam boilers and other infrastructural utility systems (pressure systems, electrical, compressed/instrument air, cooling, process water and wastewater management
- Experience working within a batch production environment
- Practical interest in plant operations and operatives and how production can be improved
- Computer skills including MS Excel and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion by deadline with minimal supervision
- Ability to motivate, influence and drive good business decisions forward while working with the team
- Able to transfer technical instructions to staff to support efficient and effective plant operations
- Strong understanding of regulations commonly associated with an oil manufacturing facility
- Strong familiarity with process design and project management
- Experience with Process Safety Management
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the processing plant and staff
- Plant maintenance (Scheduled & Breakdowns)
- Drive plant improvements with upgrades
- Monitor production and deal with problems
- Issue manufacturing instructions for the product base and resolve issues around in-process formulation changes to maintain quality output
- Improve quality and manufacturing methods
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!
Recruitment processes with our clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
DATS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer which promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.