28 days ago
We’re looking for a Piping Design Engineer to join an engineering company supporting design & construction projects within the pharmaceuticals sector based in Ireland.
What does the job involve?
· Responsible for the piping design engineering work for the Projects, taking ownership of design work packs and managing from design phase through to construction phase.
· Undertake piping systems design, including but not limited to complex piping arrangements, P&ID’s, schematics, 3D models, isometrics, calculations, reports, and specifications.
· Detailed design coordination with other disciplines.
· Responding to site RFIs, conducting reviews of specialist suppliers or contractor prepared designs, and lead team meetings to resolve design issues.
· Ensure best document management practices are applied to all project documentation.
· Ensuring project compliance with the relevant codes & standards Eg: (ASME, PED, ISO, ANSI, ASTM)
· Ensure all piping systems are designed in compliance with all Corporate and Statutory Regulations and Guidelines in relation to EHS and piping regulations.
· Responsible to monitor the engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data and recovery plans to address any technical issues or schedule delays.
What skills and experience do you need?
· Experience in Pharmaceutical, Bio-Pharmaceutical or Semi-Conductor industry is essential.
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· 10+ years’ piping experience at a senior engineering or advisory level with specific knowledge of engineering & execution of life science projects and operations.
· Proficient in Engineering Design software programs such as: Plant 3D, Revit, Navisworks, BIM 360, Caesar, Hexagon or similar.
· Extensive knowledge of piping design standards, specifications, guides, and procedures.
· Knowledge of pipe stress analysis and ability to work with pipe stress engineers.
· Must be based in Ireland or willing to relocate.
What are the pay and benefits?
· Competitive salary (call to discuss)