London, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
We are currently looking to support our client based in Central London with a requirement for a Naval Architect. This role could be office based, or performed from home with some occasional element of travelling to the office.
The client operates in the renewables and Oil & Gas sector and is looking for someone with a similar background.
Naval Architect / Senior Naval Architect
Reporting to the Lead Naval Architect, the candidate shall be responsible for developing designs and performing hydrodynamic, hydrostatic, mooring and riser analyses as per Client specifications and Industry standards and regulations, while being proficient in writing technical specifications and design documents.
The ideal candidate is expected to have a minimum experience of 5 years in the industry in a technical /analytical role with some detailed design experience and is expected to demonstrate the capability to work under minimum supervision.
The role would involve:
- Undertaking the design of turret and spread-moored systems for offshore structures from concept through FEED to detailed design.
- Designing and analysing subsea flexibles (risers, umbilicals and power cables) for deep and shallow water offshore structures.
- Performing intact and damaged stability calculations for floating units.
- Perform hydrodynamic analyses for floating units for Oil & Gas and Renewable industries.
- Reviewing and checking of analyses performed by other members of the naval architecture team and ensuring that standard Company procedures are adhered to, in all stages of the design; and
- Writing and checking technical reports
- Representing the Company during offshore campaigns (installation of mooring and riser systems).
- to have a strong technical background with a firm understanding of core naval architecture subjects
- experience of using hydrodynamic, mooring and riser dynamic analysis and trim and stability software packages.
- Report writing skills, a large constituent of the job role is the writing of technical reports and calculation notes to support analytical work carried out.
- Able to read ship and offshore structure drawings
- Able to review and mark up a design drawing
- Able to answer shipyard or client structural , technical fabrication queries.
- Experience in using the following softwares: OrcaFlex, Ariane, Hydrostar, GHS
- Experience in Python language for pre- and post-processing of engineering analyses.
- Experience of attending offshore installations, fabrication facilities / shipyards.
- Work well and effectively, communicate with others at all levels.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A general interest in problem solving and the offshore industry
- Communicate with engineering and drafting team,