Manchester, United Kingdom
28 days ago
Mechanical Project Engineer
3-6 months contract (Outside IR35)
We’re looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join our engineering consultancy client for a project to be based on site with a chemicals manufacturer.
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Engineer from a mechanical background to manage selection suitable subcontractors to carry out site work.
What does the job involve?
· Proven track record as a Project Engineer, able to manage small individual engineering projects.
· Capable of shortlisting, negotiating with and putting tenders out to engineering subcontractors.
· Appraisal of subcontractor quotes and selection of suitable company.
· Previous experience of selection of subcontractors and overseeing when on site.
What skills and experience do you need?
· Managing of subcontractor appraisal and selection process.
· Technically review mechanical engineering proposals.
· Experience working on chemicals manufacturing sites.
· Degree qualified or significant relevant experience, Chartered Engineer advantageous.
What are the pay and benefits?
· Competitive rate (Outside IR35)
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!
Recruitment processes with our clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
DATS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer which promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.