7 days ago
The client can offer flexibility and will consider applications from temporary contractors – with assistance provided for travel and accommodation, however the preference will be for people who can accept permanent staff roles at some point, and as a result contract roles are likely to fall inside IR35. Competitive rates / salaries are available along with assistance and financial incentives to help with relocation/set up issues and also travel. The role will be to provide technical and project support to the Asset Delivery team producing energy to the local network from imported Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG).
A description is given below and the client is looking for people to start as soon as logistically possible. Guernsey is a UK owned island that forms part of the Channel Islands archipelago off the coast of Normandy. It can be reached from the UK mainland with as little as 30 minute flight and barring a course of lateral flow tests, no further travel restrictions apply in relation to the coronavirus pandemic. The island offers a unique new way of life and is a popular resort for holiday makers, particularly adventure sports enthusiasts with renowned windsurfing sites given its ocean coastlines. It also offers cultural and heritage interests, and is popular for ‘island hopping’ with easy travel to the nearby islands of Sark, Herm, Alderney and Lihou.
For more information and to apply for this exciting opportunity please read the description below and respond with a copy of your latest CV and information on your current situation and availability. I look forward to hearing from you.
Mechanical Engineer: Key Purpose/Job Overview
Provide technical and project support to the Asset Delivery team through engineering design, capital project delivery, and maintaining accurate asset information systems
Mechanical Eng: Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical support in the design, specification and delivery of projects across multi-operational functions
• Support the delivery of the businesses Capital Maintenance and Growth budgets
• Deploy the project control approach to ensure projects are managed effectively with respect to quality and risk
• Provide the Asset Management function with engineering analysis
• Capture and control technical asset data associated with business Asset Information Systems
• Drive Asset Information Systems improvement projects in-line with project documentation
• Develop and improve Asset Information Systems key documentation across their lifecycle
• Provide accurate cost estimations for Capital Maintenance projects relating to Asset operations
• Initiate Project Initiation Documents for project approval in accordance with Capital Project Framework and Procurement Guidelines
• Control of the implementation of Asset Operations projects by the Project Team and manage financial, schedule and quality project risks that arise
• Support the development and operation of the computerised maintenance management system
• Support the development of a Risk-Based Asset Integrity Management programme (RBI) – implementation and execution
• Deliver presentations and briefings to engage Asset Management function
• Deliver reports and presentations to share with wider business functions
• To provide technical support to the wider Asset Management Function
Key Working Relationships
• Liaise with the Asset Management team to build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
• Work closely with senior Asset Management team to develop and enhance processes and the asset information systems
• Communicate and work closely with all departments within IEG.
• Communicate with outside agencies when appropriate whilst been mindful of the company’s Data Protection Policy.
• The Post holder will be expected to contribute to their annual performance development review and interim performance reviews
Health and Safety
• The post holder will be responsible for their own Health and Safety and the impact of their advice and actions on others and seek guidance where appropriate. They will be responsible for identifying any possible risks and near misses via the hazard reporting procedure.
Any Other Duties
• The Post holder shall perform such duties, observe, and conform to any reasonable requests by Senior Management.
Mechanical - Person Specification:
Qualifications & Training:
STEM undergraduate degree (BSc or BEng) OR
Relevant qualification – HND/HNC Mechanical
Including 3 years gas Engineering practical experience
Technical and operational knowledge relevant to Process or Engineering sector (desirable)
Knowledge of AutoCAD for P&IDs, PFDs and Schematics (desirable)
Knowledge of ArcGIS, ArcMap, Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (desirable)
LPG plant knowledge and experience (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills:
Enthusiastic about engineering disciplines and focused on achieving membership to a relevant professional body.
Good verbal communication skills, attention to detail and initiative.
Self-motivation, positive attitude, integrity, tolerance and confidence.
Active listening skills, empathy and ability to interact with others in a tactful, sensitive and appropriate manner.
Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail.
Ability to observe the Company’s data Protection Policy
Competent IT Skills
Ability to work as part of a team including remote work
Self- motivated and able to demonstrate initiative with a flexible and reliable approach
Good organisation skills and the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
An enquiring mind and willing to question and challenge