25 days ago
We’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join an established design, engineering and installation company based in Greater Manchester.
What does the job involve?
· Ensure projects are appropriately resourced to deliver success.
· Report progress on a weekly basis.
· Checking & Approval for design in accordance with company process.
· Ensure the work is of the highest quality and all supporting documentation has been completed and logged.
· Support with interviewing staff and contractors as required.
· Responsible for the delivery of the department strategy.
· Use all internal or external resources to enable the department to achieve its goals.
· Monitor the performance of design engineers against budgeted timescales and quality of delivery.
What skills and experience do you need?
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years’ relevant experience OR HND qualified with 10+ years’ experience.
· Proven track record within steel fabrication projects.
· Experience of managing engineers on design and fabrication projects.
· Experience using 2D and 3D CAD software packages.
· Generation of hand and software-based calculations.
· Understanding of steel plate manufacturing principals and constraints, including laser cutting, weld limitations and press machinery.
What are the pay and benefits?
- Good salary & benefits (call to discuss)