6 days ago
We’re looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a well-established technical engineering and fabrication company to add skills and capability to design, engineering and fabrication projects.
What does the job involve?
- Understand and interpret customer specifications & drawings in order to successfully provide bespoke product solutions for customers in various industries including Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
- Communicate with customers, deal with any incoming requests and orders.
- Regular liaison with customers to discuss project requirements and any variations to initial design specs.
- Produce 3D and 2D models of a variety of steel-based products and be actively involved in the process of providing innovative solutions to complex requirements.
- Work together within a small design & development team along with fabrication workshop.
- Manage own workload, handling multiple projects at any one time.
What skills and experience do you need?
· Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Structural Engineering.
· 2 years’ minimum experience within a design / fabrication environment.
· Fully capable of using Inventor 3D CAD software.
· If you are a graduate with some design experience and are looking for an opportunity to develop further skills and work towards Chartered Engineer level, this role offers that.
What are the pay and benefits?Competitive salary (call to discuss)