10 days ago
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer on a full-time, permanent staff basis for our client based in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire.
- To design and support the management of individual engineering projects in terms of Cost, Schedule, Quality and Risk, in so doing to co-ordinate project activity of team members as appropriate. Additionally, support the development and maintenance of design, project engineering and management processes.
Responsible for ensuring designs and projects are conducted in compliance with company design procedures and applicable standards including management of change.
- Responsible for the definition of design to customer specifications.
- Responsible for delivering the design to agreed schedule, cost and quality.
- Responsible for all mechanical elements of the project scope of supply.
- Co-ordinate multi-disciplined teams both during the study, design, workpack and close-out phases of projects.
- Provide engineering support during implementation on site as and when required.
- Responsible for ensuring handover and build plans are in place to assure technical integrity and operational readiness.
- Produce client mechanical design packs to specification and any modifications needed thereafter.
- Create material specifications for procurement.
- Produce Function Design Specifications from Clients user requirement specifications.
- Participate in Design workshops to enhance the design standard and drive down costs.
- Review of project CAD drawings from Conceptual design to As builts.
- Peer review fellow engineers designs.
- Work with multi-disciplined engineers to create Factory Acceptance Tests & Site Acceptance Tests.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
BEng/MEng in Mechanical Engineering and relevant experience.
- Attained or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Coded Welding Techniques & Specifications.
- Previous experience of Gas Networks G17 design process required but not essential.
- Experience with Gas Network Design Standards.
- Experience with Pressure Reduction Skids, Metering systems, Gas Sampling & Analytical integration.
- Experience in the oil and gas or process industries.
- Must demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business. This includes the senior management team for strategic and financial aspects and the engineer and technician communities for technical aspects.
- Highly motivated, accompanied by the ability to work under pressure and demonstrate rational decision making.
- Strong analytical skills and be able to work on own initiative.
- Continuous improvement orientation.
- Commitment to engineering, quality and integrity.