14 days ago
We’re looking for a Marine Specialist on a permanent basis to join our client based in Aberdeen.
They are a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies. They design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries.
This position falls within the Asset Solutions (AS) business, which comprises Asset Operations and Asset Development, and is responsible for: provision of operations support services; operations & maintenance; operations modification projects; well services; engineering consultancy; and training.
Applications are welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests. The company operates a three-day working week in the office and 2 days working from home.
What does the job involve?
- Developing and ensuring the continuity of external business relating to marine inspections, audits and surveys in the shipping, oil & gas and renewable energy industries through networking and continued deliverance of a straightforward and professional product.
- Performance of marine inspections, audits and surveys, document and operational review as well as quality assurance of such performed by other team members.
- Provision of regional support for the company in terms of marine expertise in order to support the continued robust compliance with the Offshore Installations Regulations and Offshore Installations (Prevention of Fire and Explosion, and Emergency Response) Regulations. This includes assurance of marine procedures, vessels, offshore activities and involvement in risk assessment processes as required.
- Assisting in project management in accordance with client or organisational expectations and contractual requirements in order to deliver straight forward and professional products within budget and on schedule.
- Assist as required in the recruitment and retention of marine staff, time and resource management, identification of training requirements and responsibility for safety as well as application of the Competent Person Passport scheme and performance review in conjunction with the Marine Assurance Supervisor.
- Ongoing involvement in health, safety and environmental compliance and development relating to marine activities as well as participation in internal and external incident investigation as required and active participation in industry steering groups and regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the management of record keeping, inventory, leave timetables and publications.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Qualified Merchant Naval Officer under STCW 95 (marine engineer or deck officer)
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
- Offshore Oil and Gas Industry Minimum Industry Safety Training Programme
- Valid Offshore Medical Certificates
- Dynamic Positioning Certificate
- Knowledge of CMID & OVID
- Marine Assurance
- Safety qualification
- Auditing Accreditation - preferable
- Requirement to cover evenings as necessary
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently
- Experience on offshore vessels or in a relevant shore-based position
- Experience of one or more of the following: platform supply operations, anchor handling and towage operations, subsea vessel operations, ERRVs, MODUs, FPSO/FSUs, Shuttle tanker, offshore renewable vessels, mooring operations or similar.
- Experience of dynamic positioning operations and trials
- Demonstrable experience of conducting marine audits, inspections and surveys Requirement to cover duty weekends as per planned
What are the pay and benefits?
- A competitive base salary
- Pension Scheme – Standard Life - 3.5% Employee / 7% Employer
- UK Healthcare – AXA
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Personal Accident insurance
- Life Assurance (3x Base Salary)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Employee Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
- 30 days plus 3 public holiday entitlement
- Plus much more