Lancashire, United Kingdom
18 days ago
11 Apr 00:00
We’re looking for Manufacturing Engineer to join our Lancashire-based client on a Permanent -basis. Our client is a family owned business, with over 50 years within the industry. Supplying across Europe, America and Asia and are world leaders in the design and Manufacture of their products.
What does the job involve?
- To drive efficiencies in manufacturing processes.
- To optimise the accuracy and performance of our manufacturing systems.
- To evaluate existing systems and to deliver continuous improvement opportunities across the point.
- Delivery efficiencies to the manufacturing team in terms of equipment up-time, throughput efficiency and calibration accuracy of systems, ensure through design modification that we are achieving maximum results on performance.
- Undertake assessment of all existing manufacturing processes and identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement working closely with the Engineering, Quality and Production Teams.
- Identify key issues with existing manufacturing systems through root cause analysis and put a programme of improvement actions in place.
- Recommend improvements in all disciplines with the manufacturing process, with an ergonomic layout and process control.
- Develop project improvement plans for the production and development areas, with project cost and timescales in mind.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Mechanical / Design Degree.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in 3D CAD Software (Ideally Inventor).
- High degree of self-discipline, organisation, adaptability and prioritisation.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc)
- Able to work effectively under pressure, especially in time of peak demand.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Some knowledge of Automotive (PPAP / APQP)
What are the pay and benefits?
Competitive Salary & Benefits.
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!
Recruitment processes with our clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
DATS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer which promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.