about 2 months ago
Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician
This is an opportunity to join a world class international business working in the area of medical/ pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Type of position: Contract 6 months
Rate £25/ hr + paid holidays “paye” inside IR35 Double day shift
Location: North West/ North Wales CH5
Industry: Pharmaceutical / Medical
Date posted: 10/05/2022
The Maintenance Technician will be required to perform pro-active and reactive maintenance on electro-mechanical processing and packaging machinery. A multiskilled engineering background is essential. Its is probable that the contractor will be E C & I biased.
A strong ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to maintain the smooth running of the production process and uphold the highest quality standards. Must be able to work as part of a team and as an individual in a fast-paced maintenance department.
Skills and experience
Craft technician qualifications i.e. NVQ 4, specified PLC qualification, C&G, ONC/HNC, BTEC in an appropriate Engineering Discipline, or equivalent
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Time Served Apprentice
- Mechanical and electrical skills
- ONC/HNC/NVQ Level 3 Engineering and Maintenance
- Experience of processing, packaging machines
- PLC and inspection camera system knowledge
- 18th Edition wiring regulations
- Production Maintenance Engineering experience in a complex manufacturing organization within Fast pace manufacturing environment. ( eg FMCG)
- Ability to diagnose and rectify PLC and controls issues throughout the business
- Experience of inverter, servo, DC drives
- Worked with circuits from 415 to 24VDC power & control
- Demonstrated ability to analyse technical problems, develop appropriate solutions
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical aspects of engineering
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to change quickly
- Proficiency in standard software applications used within the cliet’s site eg. Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint), potentially SAP
- Ability to work to engineering drawings but also have the ability to fault find and diagnose faults without using engineering drawings.
- Adhere to all company Health & Safety policies and practice
- Troubleshoot breakdowns across a range of equipment to provide minimal downtime
- Support Line Leaders and Production to facilitate production efficiency
- Maintain documentation to provide historical records of breakdowns and PPMs
- Ensure all required paperwork is kept maintained and up to date throughout the department.
For more information please call.