about 1 month ago
We are currently looking to support our client based near Wigan with a requirement for a Maintenance Electrician – working on a full time permanent staff basis.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm. The rate of pay will be £19.38 per hour beginning on a 6 month probation period before going permanent thereafter. Once established a monthly loyalty bonus will also be available at £83.33.
The company are a high-level chemical manufacturing company with sites based across the North-West of England manufacturing industrial resins. The role will be to provide full electrical maintenance services to the process plant and other designated areas across two sites. This will involve the installation of chemical plant equipment under a management of change process, plus testing and calibrating to quality control specifications.
The role is urgent and will be to start as soon as possible, with interviews expected to take place in the next few weeks.
A description is given below but we would like to see CVs from qualified electricians with Compex certification (Ex01-04) and 18th Edition wiring regulations (C&G 2382). For more information and to apply please contact me with an updated copy of your latest CV and information on your availability to start - in what is an urgent role for our client.
The main purpose of the Maintenance Electrician is to ensure the safe and continuous production of the plant by swiftly responding to any equipment failures and to implement an effective preventive maintenance programme
All aspects of site operations must be completed in a safe, timely and professional manner reporting any problems which arise.
• To accurately complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner
• To provide a full electrical maintenance service to the company process plant and other designated areas, including other local manufacturing sites
• Maintenance and repairs of electrical plant equipment where necessary
• Installation of chemical plant equipment under management of change
• Testing and calibrating to Quality Control specifications
• General electrical maintenance repairs
• Resolve any unplanned breakdowns in a safe and expedient manner
• Liaise with Maintenance Manager to ensure all items required for scheduled shut down are obtained and that stoppage time is minimised whilst maintaining all safe working procedures and conditions
• Immediately report any incident which the management need to address using the appropriate reporting systems in place
• Respond to required corrective and preventive action in a timely manner
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
Experience of working in an ATEX chemical / process type industry - Any experience working on a COMAH will be advantageous
Understanding of chemical processes
Planned preventative maintenance
Electrical infrastructure systems (single and three phase)
18th Edition Wiring Regulations (C&G 2382)
CompEx Certification (EX01-04)
Electrical Apprenticeship Qualified
Experience in a similar role
Valid JIB card (desirable)
IOSH Managing Safely (desirable)
Test and Inspect 2391 (desirable)