about 1 month ago
We are currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to support our client based in Greater Manchester near Oldham on a 3 month temporary contract basis. Extensions may be possible but have not been discussed at this stage. Further roles in the business may also become available during the course of the contract.
The hours of work total 36 hours per week operating Monday to Thursday 8am-4.30pm, and 8am – 1pm on a Friday. The rate of pay will be £14.42 per hour (PAYE)
This role is urgent and will be to start as soon as possible, with interviews expected to take place in the next few weeks. A description is given below but we would like to see CVs from reliable candidates with at least 3 years’ working experience within logistics and possessing working of customs procedures.
For more information and to apply for this Logistics Coordinator role please contact me with an updated copy of your latest CV and information on your availability to start - in what is an urgent role for our client. This is a temporary contract role only and so applicants must possess existing eligibility to work in country on an immediate basis.
Logistics Coordinator - DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prioritise domestic and international shipments to ensure the smooth movement of goods
• Review customer complaints and NCN’s relating to the shipping process
• Comply with international shipping laws and regulatory compliance procedures
• Maintain good customer service and help towards solving problems
• Liaise with commercial, manufacturing, customers and distributors for order and shipping requirements
• Address order flow issues, shipping delays and quality control issues
• Liaise with freight forwarders regarding prices, transport requirements and delivery times
• Manage despatch of shipments and collections across all product lines of the business
• Work closely with the packing area, spares and pump order management teams to ensure cut offs are met
• Liaise with freight forwarders and carriers regarding delivery of shipments ensuring full documentation is generated
• Document and escalate any customer service, shipping and receiving issues
• Maintain the company Compliance Trade Document system and upload required documentation
• Audit broker and freight forwarder documentation for international shipments (Compliance requirement)
• Work closely with the Compliance Team to ensure commodity codes, country of origin and export licenses are accurate
• Undertake any training that is a requirement of the role
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate
Logistics Coordinator - SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Displays a high attention to focus on detail and is able to accurately follow verbal and written instructions and procedures
• Is adept at learning, integrating, and applying new technical skills and knowledge
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgement based on immediate and future business needs. (Process Management)
• Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
• Logistics Degree - Desirable
• 3 – 5 years working knowledge of a logistics / Shipping environment, including certificates of origin, letters of credit, incoterms - Essential
• 3 - 5 years working knowledge of customs procedures - Essential
Skills, training or special knowledge:
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Outlook) - Essential
• BPICS / JDE systems Knowledge - Desirable
• Participate in training where required.
Health, Safety and Environment
• Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
• To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.