Capenhurst, United Kingdom
26 days ago
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Permanent – excellent salary & benefits
We’re looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our Wirral based client on a permanent staff basis to support ongoing engineering projects on site.
Our client is looking for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer to lead and support mechanical engineering activity on various engineering & construction projects currently underway.
What does the job involve?
· Provide mechanical engineering leadership to the Engineering Manager for all projects on site including decommissioning.
· Be actively involved in planning and strategy behind any proposed new plant.
· Focal point provision of all engineering services across mechanical engineering but also with other disciplines interfaced with.
· Chair meetings, advise associated departments on any technical design issues and deputise for the Engineering Manager where required.
· Support continuous improvement processes across the engineering aspect of the company.
· Provide and lead design service to highly regulated standards.
· Oversee the activity of contractors and consultants.
· Responsible for cost and schedules across all works.
What skills and experience do you need?
· Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
· Accredited to Chartered Engineer level.
· DV cleared or able to achieve it.
· Demonstrable track record within mechanical engineering and design / construction on a nuclear licensed site.
· Excellent communication skills and capable of influencing and supervising multiple personnel.
What are the pay and benefits?
· Competitive salary level (call to discuss)
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!
Recruitment processes with our clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
DATS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer which promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.