12 days ago
Electrical/ Electronic Engineer
We’re looking for Electrical / Electronic Engineer to join our Stockport based client on a permanent staff basis. Our client is an integrated Control Systems company of long standing that specialises in safety systems. They operate in a variety of industries including Oil/ gas and process industries. In recent years they have had good success in developing products into the rail industry and this Lead Engineer role is within this sector .
Reporting to the Rail Systems Project & Operations Manager, the Lead Engineer will assist in the development of assigned projects to ensure the technical, safety and quality requirements are achieved in the most efficient manner and within the specified timescales.
To provide product technical support and support the Rail Systems Projects & Operations Manager in meeting customer expectations, engaging with stakeholders both internal and external.
- To work at a senior role in the management of projects; take management responsibility for Project Engineers, Design Engineers and CAD Operators on their mentoring, objective setting, establish best practice, training and development.
- Work as part of a team to design, build, test and commission engineering solutions to customer specifications, working with other team members; Project Manager, Project Engineers, Design Engineers, CAD operators and documentation personnel to produce designs, drawings and documentation.
- Provide technical lead on rail issues and assistance to senior management.
- Provide technical support and advice to Project Engineers, Engineers and Design Engineers, Rail business development/Sales Team, Rail Engineering Delivery Team and Rail Customers.
- To ensure that the individual projects are timed through the engineering design, manufacturing, testing, documentation and commissioning phases such that milestones are achieved.
- Awareness of project risks.
- Liaise with customers to determine their exact requirements and assist them in the development of their system/delivery requirements. Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Liaise with our suppliers and manufacturers.
- Support in processing client changes to contracts and management engineering solutions for customer projects specifically for the rail industry.
- Identifying and resolving problems.
- Liaise/communicate professionally with clients, providing progress and feedback as and when required.
- Where problems are encountered to identify the cause and propose solutions to resolve.
- Reviewing quotations / estimates to support sales functions.
- Lead or assist in system testing at the client’s facilities.
- Liaising with the Systems Production Manager to schedule in testing of complete assemblies.
- To analyse the manufacturing process to see efficiency improvements and provide feedback.
- To analyse the design, components, and outsourcing process to seek efficiency improvements and provide feedback.
- To manage appropriate spares holding / accessibility to components and spares to meet our contractual support commitments.
- Control and issue serial numbers and control and recording details of all units dispatched.
- Work alongside Production Scheduling, ensuring that production requirements are scheduled, loaded into the plan and delivered.
- To assist with promoting and developing growth in the Rail business sector.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality Assurance Procedures and current legislation / standards.
- When deadlines are not achieved analysis of events and feedback to Senior Management to identify lessons learnt / problem areas and assist in preventing re-occurrence.
- Promote good working relations between operating units and develop an effective communications network.
- Identify training needs and assist in the development of department staff.
- Assist in the implementation of new procedures within the departments.
- Assist and develop Design Engineers day to day to help them fulfil their potential and development.
- Assist in promoting good working relations within teams and between other operating units of the business.
- Produce customer and internal reports where/when required.
- Working with the Product Supply team for purchase of equipment and bought in sub-systems.
- UK and international support for site support, meetings and commissioning.
Skills and experience
Good level of formal qualifications in Electrical / Electronic disciplines
Industry experience . Ideally rail but Control systems developments in other industries eg machinery, process industries considered.
Project Engineering experience.
Pay and benefits
Salary estimated between £40-50K depending on level of experience offered.
Flexible hours 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 0700 hrs and 1800 hours Monday to Friday. Core working hours are 0900 hrs to 1600 hrs Monday to Thursday, 0900 to 1200 hours Friday*. Lunch break is 1200 to 1230 hours daily.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.