Chester, United Kingdom
23 days ago
Junior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Engineer
12 month contract (Inside IR35)
We’re looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join our Cheshire based client on a contract basis for around 12 months.
Our client is looking for a technically competent person with sound QS/Cost skills and administration capability to support various engineering & construction activities currently underway.
What does the job involve?
· Audit weekly valuations received from subcontractors.
- Audit of monthly valuations received from subcontractors.
- Drafting, maintaining and issuing important contract documents.
- Collation and clarification of hours / cost valuations.
- On-site audits to ensure correct site working practice.
- Implementation of site strategy relating to performance management, contract management and support.
- Preparation of cost estimates for continued work on site.
- Co-ordinate monthly performance meetings with subcontractors.
What skills and experience do you need?
· Ideally degree qualified Quantity Surveyor.
· Minimum requirement to have previous commercial / construction related project experience in a QS or Cost Engineer capacity.
· 2 years’ post graduate experience.
· Knowledge of pre and post contract commercial support.
· Sound administration ability – capable of drafting professional documentation.
What are the pay and benefits?
· Competitive rate (Inside IR35)
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!
Recruitment processes with our clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
DATS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer which promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.