about 1 month ago
Candidates should possess a minimum 2 years’ experience working in an Engineering Environment as a trained Paint Sprayer and also working experience with overhead cranes required.
A description is given below and a rate of pay between £11.75 - £12.50 will be available. To apply please contact me with a copy of your latest CV and details on your availability to start a new role
Duration: 6 months
Schedule: 36hrs a week - 06:00 - 14:00 or 14:00 - 22:00
As an Industrial Paint Sprayer, you will be responsible for the efficient & safe execution of preparation, painting and maintenance tasks as assigned. You will be keen to take on challenges, develop your leadership and or skills potential as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform surface preparation activities, which include masking and sanding of product prior to painting
• Perform spray painting functions related preparatory undercoating, preservatives and Top Coats
• Clean and maintain paint shop equipment such as air lines, fluid lines, paint pots, paint guns and respirators.
• Ensure coatings are completed according to company or customer requirements.
• Clean and store empty paint containers for proper disposal.
• Maintain and change paint booth media filters and surface protectant coatings as needed.
• Properly contain hazardous waste generated from normal paint shop operations.
• Under general supervision, spray paint small, component parts prior to assembly and final coating.
• Actively contributes to quality improvement meetings / initiatives.
• Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
• Perform any other work related tasks and duties in accordance with the business needs.
• Comply with all Company, Quality + HSE policies and procedures.
• Travel as and when required
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Must be a skilled paint sprayer with the ability to use a 2-pack spray paint system.
• Must have experience in paint spraying in an industrial environment.
• Must have a safety–conscious approach to work
• Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines (Decision quality)
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Time management)
• Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately (Priority setting)
• Performs work with energy and drive while exploring other opportunities to contribute (Action oriented)
• Communicates effectively, both inside and outside the organisation, on both simple and complex topics (Presentation skills)
• Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer focus)
Practical training in an Industrial Paint Spraying function (essential)
Level 3 (NVQ) Industrial Paint Occupations (desirable)
Minimum 2 years’ Experience in working in an Engineering Environment as a trained Paint Sprayer (essential)
3-5 Years’ Experience within an Engineering environment (desirable)
SKILLS, TRAINING OR SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of PPE / HSE requirements for operating Spray painting equipment (essential)
Working experience with overhead cranes (essential)
Knowledge of PPE / HSE requirements for operating Spray painting equipment (desirable)