29 days ago
We are looking for an Expeditor / Buyer on a 6 month contract basis that may extend further. This will be based in Greater Manchester, starting as soon as possible, and operating in the engineering sector - full time hours: 36hrs/week: 07:30-16:00 Mon-Thurs with a 30 minute lunch; 07:30 - 12:30 on Fridays with no break due to early finish
Candidates should possess a working knowledge of manufacturing in an engineering environment, although other backgrounds will be considered, and they should be working towards a CIPS qualification.
A description is given below and a rate of pay of £16 per hour (PAYE) will be available. To apply please contact me with a copy of your latest CV and details on your availability to start a new role
EXPEDITOR JOB SUMMARY
Key duties will include procurement of materials and services to support manufacturing of finished goods and ensuring OTDIF through targeted expediting. Portfolio management and developing strong relationships with current and potential suppliers to maximise commercial advantage in line with quality programs and initiatives will be critical to success.
EXPEDITOR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create purchase orders, communicate those orders to suppliers and ensure OTDIF is maintained
- Maintain information on a computerised system including delivery dates and pricing by actively expediting open Purchase Orders
- Monitor both the level of service and the quality of products received
- Participate in improvement projects aimed at reducing costs, inventory reduction, lead-time reduction and improving quality
- Communicate effectively with other members of the procurement team to manage expectations and provide a positive internal customer experience
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
EXPEDITOR - JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A working knowledge of manufacturing in an engineering environment would be an advantage although other backgrounds will be considered.
• Integrity and trust.
• Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to manage diverse relationships and interact effectively with all levels within the organisation.
• Demonstrated ability using team-driven philosophies to drive issues to closure and get job done in professional and compliant manner.
• Capable of managing multiple priorities and projects at the same time.
• Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
• Work cooperatively with other Purchasing personnel.
• Make accurate arithmetical computations (multiplication, division, percentage calculations, addition, and subtraction).
• Accurately enter data and/or information into a computer system.
• Obtain appropriate commodities in a timely manner.
• Ability to compile, analyse, and present data in a concise manner
• Experience with computerised systems and Microsoft Office suite
To apply for this Buyer / Expeditor role please click ‘Apply Now’ below