26 days ago
DATS are looking for an experienced Environmental Coordinator to work from out client’s office in North Wales
Our client is an oil and gas operator . The role is contract till the end of 2021 with very high likelihood of contract renewal on an annual basis. Our clients asset is mature and will over the course of time move into a decommissioning phase.
The contract is inside IR35 .
Previous oil/ gas offshore experience preferred but the client will consider candidates from a chemical / petrochemical/ refinery back ground or indeed energy or offshore wind.
Role: Environmental Coordinator
Position Type: Contract
Salary: Contract £480-580/ day ( all in rate inside IR35)
Location: North Wales
Date Posted: 17/5/21
What does the job involve?
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and delivery of compliance with all LBA Environmental & HSE Regulatory requirements.
- Act as an effective delegate to the HSE Manager, supporting with all Environmental, HSE Regulatory and wider HSE generalist areas.
- Responsible for LBA HSE Management System, certified externally to ISO14001 and ISO45001.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the LB Emergency Response (IMT) process, including participating in the IMT.
- Support LB Decommissioning, CCUS and other Renewable Projects wherever required, including co-ordinating LBA HSE Team inputs into these projects.
- Supervise others, including specialist environmental, regulatory and other HSE Team members.
- Provide effective environmental engineering advice and support to all relevant stakeholders.
- Specialist input to audits and accident/incident investigations.
- Implement best practices to improve any aspects of the clients’ HSE management system.
- Perform audits and gap analyses against appropriate compliance requirements/standards to identify areas for continual improvement in HSE performance.
- Appropriately assess and reduce the organisation’s environmental risk.
- Represent the client in internal and industry associations.
- Coordinate with External Affairs regarding HSE participation in community projects.
- Lead formal incident investigations and deliver findings which minimize risk of repeat incidents.
- Manage HSE aspects of LBA high risk and other contracts through application of the clients’ standard, assessments, and contractor workshops, ensuring alignment with standards that best practice is applied.
- Support LB Decommissioning, CCUS and other Renewable Projects wherever required.
- Fully comply with the clients’ Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles.
- Fully comply with the HSE Critical Roles procedure (UK HSE IMS C1-SYS-01 - HSE Critical Roles , which outlines the HSE critical roles relative to this position.
What skills and experience do you need?
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Engineering or Science Degree.
- Supervisory skills & experience.
- Situable professional Environmental qualifications (NEBOSH, IEMA, etc.) preferred.
- OPEP Level 4 Oil Spill Response training preferred.
- Lead auditor in either ISO14001 or ISO45001 preferred.
- Strong knowledge of relevant oil and gas/process/energy industry related HSE compliance issues and all relevant HSE legislation.
- Knowledge of the key HSE aspects associated with different phases of an oil and gas development, and their management.
- Strong auditing skills and experience, knowledge of HSE management systems/risk management.
- Strong IT skills and experience in HSE reporting systems.
- Strong presentation, communication and analytical skills.
- To demonstrate confidence to progress work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to manage self and others effectively, including effective delegation.
- The ability to effect change through others.
- Be able to work as part of a team and organise both own workload, and that of others, to meet deadlines.
- Be able to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Be able to lead and work under own initiative, self-starter.
- Be driven to achieve results and success.
- Be organised and communicate effectively.
- Set an example and drive continual improvement.
There maybe a potential requirement to go offshore so a current BOSIET would be beneficial
What are the pay and benefits?
Rate £480-580/ day including holidays . Inside IR35
On going contract
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.