16 days ago
We’re looking for an Engineering Stores Operative for a 6 month contract with potential for further extension working in the industrial gases division to be based in Worcester.
Reporting into the UK Customer Engineering Inventory Supervisor, the Engineering Stores Operative will work in the Customer Engineering Stores ensuring parts and equipment required for Customer Installation and Exchange jobs and Fleet Garages are picked and dispatched in accordance with the requested delivery date set in SAP.
The role will have accountability for escalating operational issues within the stores. They will be responsible for maintaining a tight control over the inventory housed within it and will be expected to keep discrepancies in inventory to a minimum.
Working schedule would be Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Office hours (excl breaks)
What does the Engineering Stores Operative job involve?
The successful Engineering Stores Operative candidate will be involved in:
- Full engagement in Team BSP Activity
- Attendance at Level II Sequential Safety Meetings
- BSP Work Team daily and monthly tasks
- Housekeeping control of the Stores and Returned Equipment areas
- Processing of all Work Order requests allocated against the CE Stores
- Prioritizing daily activity within the stores to ensure parts are issued in accordance with internal and external customer demands
- Timely and accurately pick parts and equipment against Pick Lists generated by SAP
- Escalation of parts availability to Technical Coordinators and Planners as appropriate
- Control of storing of parts for onsite collection by Cryoease and LB Technicians
- Control of dispatch of parts and equipment through third party couriers
- Control of allocation of equipment to Fleet personnel, CYE Workshop Technicians and other key personnel as required
- Assist with processing of Returned Equipment including the onsite refurbishment of equipment which has reuse potential within Customer Engineering
- Prepare and dispatch equipment and components for refurbishment by external suppliers
- General Stores Management and Control
- Control of Goods Inwards by taking receipt of deliveries, performing MIGO in SAP and putting parts and equipment into correct storage location in the stores
- Management of distribution of consignments received for other departments within Worcester to ensure they reach the intended recipient
- Escalation of issues with part and equipment quality/availability as appropriate
- Management of overflow stocks and best storage practice for valuated stock
- Maintain high level of stock accuracy >95% across all materials held in the stores
- Assist with preparation of stores ahead of Cycle Counting as per agreed schedule
- Ensure stock rotation of critical items with Shelf Life to minimize inventory write offs
What skills and experience do you need as an Engineering Stores Operative?
- Strong communication and admin skills, being organized, numerate and accurate, with understanding of SAP MM and PP Modules
- Able to work effectively within a team and as an individual to meet required deadlines
- Good decision making skills with a keen focus on productivity improvement ideas
- FLT licence useful
- Must be PC literate
What are the pay and benefits for the Engineering Stores Operative role?
Pay rate: £11.28 per hour (PAYE)
AWR holiday entitlement: 26 days plus 8 BH
To apply for this Engineering Stores Operative role please click apply now below