28 days ago
We’re looking for an Engineering Design Manager to join an engineering company supporting design & construction projects within the pharmaceuticals sector based in Ireland.
What does the job involve?
· Responsible for implementing, maintaining and reporting against the engineering plan to deliver the engineering scope on time and within budget.
· Provide leadership for large-scale, multi-discipline design engineering team, in close cooperation with the Project Manager, in assembling and controlling the required manpower and software tools required to complete the project.
· Department on-boarding of policies, procedures, guidelines, etc.
· Review, update, and amend specifications and procedures to ensure that these documents and references are up to date and relevant and in accordance with applicable design standard (ASME, PED, ISO, ANSI, ASHRAE, IEEE, IEC, NSAI).
· Manage work allocations for a large team of multi-discipline design engineers.
· Responsible to monitor the engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data and recovery plans to address any technical issues or schedule delays.
· Responsible for Engineering progress tracking, reporting including budget & schedule control.
· Set, Monitor, and review the KPI’s to determine accurate status of Engineering, making tactical decisions for allocating resources, to achieve the Engineering deliverables
· Responsible for the change management process of a project, including creating value for the client through design processes.
· Lead the sustainable design initiative within the company with close attention to energy management, design for sustainability and implementation of sustainable design technologies.
· Enhance staff capabilities on the job with skill training programs.
What skills and experience do you need?
· Degree in a relevant Engineering Discipline – Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical.
· 10+ years’ experience in a Senior / Lead Engineer position with expert knowledge of engineering design & execution of multi-discipline projects and operations.
· Technical and Business Skills
· Proficient in Engineering Design software programs such as: Plant 3D, Revit, Navisworks, BIM 360, AutoCAD or similar.
· Extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, guides and procedures.
· Must be based in Ireland or willing to relocate.
What are the pay and benefits?
- Competitive salary (call to discuss)