Capenhurst, United Kingdom
30 days ago
We are looking for an Electrical Systems Engineer to join our Cheshire-based client on a permanent basis. Our client is a nuclear reprocessing/waste management firm based in Capenhurst, Cheshire.
What does the job involve?
- Achieve AP status to perform complex isolations/author and review switching programs and support all distribution switching activities
- Contribute to the implementation of standards, procedures, and systems of work to maintain plant integrity. Complete compliance inspections and tests to procedure and plan
- Develop an Electrical equipment spares list, liaise with suppliers to obtain quotes, and convert to material master specifications.
- Identify and direct opportunities to improve plant OEE and reduce costs through equipment or maintenance plan development
- Develop SLA’s for critical equipment/systems in collaboration with UUK
- Support the development of an electrical periodic inspection and testing program
- Support the responsible CE+I Engineer in the writing and review of written Schemes of Maintenance (WSM’s) to support the EIMT program
- Project manage small electrical improvement projects
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of 8 Year experience in the Chemical or Nuclear process Industry
- Sound knowledge of electrical installations for HV & LV Distribution to process plant equipment, battery systems and building services small power and lighting
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship within the respective discipline, together with HNC / NVQ (Level3) and/or City and Guilds qualification.
- Degree qualified Electronic/Electrical/Control Engineer with practical experience of all types of Electrical installations.
- C&G accredited programme – High Voltage Network Systems Operational and Safety Certificate (or working towards this qual)
- C&G Authorised Person – Low Voltage
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!