9 days ago
We are currently looking to support our client based in Central London with a requirement for an E&I,T Engineer on a full-time, 9-12 month contract basis. Further extensions beyond this may also be possible. The company are a high-level technical consultancy operating in the process energy / offshore oil and gas market supporting projects around the world and in the UK.
This role is urgent and will be to start as soon as possible, with interviews expected to take place in the next few weeks. There will be a minimum requirement of 2 days per week office based for this role, with flexibility available beyond and around that subject to candidate suitability.
A description is given below but we would like to see CVs from Electrical or Instrumentation discipline biased candidates perhaps just beyond a “Junior” level with a minimum of 5 years industrial experience in the oil and gas sector – including offshore /FPSO project experience. They should also be able to provide examples of their most relevant working experience related to offshore projects FPSO mooring systems and/or
For more information and to apply please contact me with an updated copy of your latest CV and information on your availability to start - in what is an urgent role for our client.
What does the job involve?
The client has been awarded a contract for an FPSO redeployment project.
- Working under our Project Engineer, will support lead for submission of deliverables on schedule and on budget
- Communicate with engineering and drafting team,
- Able to answer shipyard, subcontractor or client technical queries.
- Able to travel for certain period of time to attend at Manufacturers or FPSO Shipyards (Middle East) – The candidate will be expected to attend site during 2022 Q3 – 2023 Q1/Q2 pre-commissioning
What skills and experience do you need?
- E&IT Engineer with circa 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Able to prepare/read/comment SLD, Block and Termination diagrams for the following systems : Instrumentation, F&G, Electrical, etc
- Able to prepare/read/comment E&I Basis of Design/Cable Voltage drop Calculation/Electrical Load list
- Able to follow up manufacturers/subcontractors (JBs/Cables/Instruments) work and progress
- Able to work autonomously.
- Work well and effectively communicate with others at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Master’s degree
- Previous oil and gas industry experience. FPSO project experience would also be advantageous but it is not mandatory for applications.
What are the pay and benefits?
- salary level - up to 60K GBP per annum depending on experience
- remote working /hybrid arrangement available with a minimum 2 days a week required in the London office
Candidates will be required to provide examples of their previous relevant work. Interviews will then be arranged with suitable candidates initially via MS Teams.