Warrington, United Kingdom
£35,000 - £45,000
about 1 month ago
28 Mar 00:00
We’re looking for an Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Technician to join our client based in Warrington on a Permanent basis. Our client is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals, services and materials to the chemical industry.
What does the job involve?
To maintain all the electrical/instrumentation and weighing systems on the Warrington Site.
The equipment is to be maintained in a safe and efficient manner to ensure maximum plant reliability. The technician will be involved with the commissioning of new equipment and will interact with other members of the plant’s maintenance and production teams.
Other duties include:
- Carry out planned maintenance schedules in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance systems to minimise downtime and contribute to achievement of production targets
- To actively participate in meetings, reliability studies and RCA’s to assist in making improvements
- Liaising with suppliers of electrical/instrumentation equipment to ensure the correct specification and procurement of spares
- Clear understanding of loop and schematic diagrams and able to interpret and mark-up electrical/instrumentation technical schematic drawings to as built status
- Adhere to SHE principles
What skills and experience do you need?
- The job holder will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a range of instrument, electrical and control engineering roles within industry.
- Recognised apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme, supplemented by training
- HNC in Control/Instrumentation Engineering, or equivalent and/ or relevant
- 17th edition levels 1 (Level 2 desirable)
- Excellent understanding of all process plants and control loops. Able to diagnose faults on PLC/DCS/SCADA systems.
- The E/I Technician will be expected to become conversant with our client’s standards concerning isolations, modifications and electrical/instrumentation and weighing systems.
- The E/I Technician will be expected to become conversant with our clients SAP system as used within the Engineering Department.
What are the pay and benefits?
- £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
- 30 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Pension in death in service benefit and critical illness cover
- Salary sacrifice benefits (Cycles scheme, Childcare vouchers, pensions)
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, click the apply button!