22 days ago
We are currently looking to support our client with a requirement for an E&I QA/QC Inspector. This will be on a 6 month contract basis to be based in the Republic of Ireland (County Kildare) at our client's site. This could extend based on further requirements and will be to start in late October 2021. Locally based candidates may be at an advantage but the client has already been forced to open this requirement wider.
If this role could interest please contact me with an updated copy of your CV and information on your availability and day rate expectations (10 hours) in Euros. Work schedule: basic 5 days per week (10 hours per day), must also be flexible to work extra hours if required by the business.
Overseeing the site contractors work during the installation of electrical equipment and cabling
Overseeing the site contractors work during the installation of instrument equipment and cabling
Perform site inspections to verify the installation work meet with project requirements
Liaise with Contractor and Client E&I inspection teams
Verify compliance of contractor documentation in accordance with project requirements
Ensure contractor documentation is provided in a timely manner to support construction and commissioning activities
Qualifications / Experience
- Electrical / Instrumentation engineering background
- All candidates to have had at least 10 years of work experience in an Electrical / Instrumentation role in a chemical or petrochemical industry.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- IT skills including word, excel and credo
- Be patient, responsible, pay attention to detail and able to work independently
- Personal drive and commitment and ownership
- Have current driving licence and passport
- Team player
1. Support the site construction team during construction and commissioning stages of the project
2. Monitor Contractor site E&I installation works
3. Perform site inspections with Contractor and Client teams
4. Verify compliance of Construction documentation to support turnover of systems through construction & commissioning stages of the project.
5. Expedite outstanding documentation as and when required to support construction and commissioning handover priorities
6. Verify Contractor quality documentation is systematically stored in readiness for Client hand over.
The Electrical & Instrument Inspector will work closely with the site quality and construction team and others as required.
The day to day priorities will be set in agreement with the Site Quality Manager.