Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
E & I Maintenance Technician
Role: E & I Technician
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: Estimated at £32-38K
Industry: Oil/ Gas , Chemicals
Date posted: 19/08/21
Working as part of a multi-skilled maintenance team responsible for making sure that all maintenance activities are carried out safely, efficiently and to a high standard to ensure the delivery of a reliable production unit which maximises its output.
Ensure both preventative and corrective maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and complies with both the client’s policies / standards and external standards e.g. EA, HSE and EAWR.
Perform all requested engineering duties to include modifications and re-engineering of plant as required. Carry out the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of all plant equipment.
- Inspect & Execute planned/preventative maintenance on Electrical and Instrumentation hardware across the production units.
- Carry out electrical Isolations & switching of electrical equipment on LV/HV equipment.
- Actively monitor the CMMS to ensure reactive and schedule jobs are completed and closed out.
- Support the planning of EI scopes for capex projects/improvements and shutdowns.
- Prepare isolations & RAMS in accordance with the site Permit to Work system
- Ensure the process control systems are maintained and work with the system specialist to minimise downtime and carry out improvements.
- Undertake a suitable competence assessment such as COMPEX certification to work and carryout maintenance on equipment in hazardous areas
- Ensure compliance with electrical testing under the Electrical Regulations at Work 1989
- Ensure compliance to the company specific Electrical Safety Rules
- Work through OEM manuals to assist the team leader with maintenance procedures over specific equipment
- When required work with/supervise business partners to ensure they comply with site standards.
- Support the team leader in ensuring fixed wiring registers are kept up to date.
- Support and ensure the ‘Management of Change’ process is strictly adhered to for any relevant plant modifications.
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas and across all site.
- Support the critical spares process ensuring the correct procedures are followed when removing items from the stores.
- Relieve the team leader when necessary.
- Participate in the call out Rota.
- Support out of hours breakdowns critical to business.
Skills and experience
Industry recognised Apprenticeship in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering
COMPEX trained Ex 1-4 (Gas & Vapours)
CEP trained, working towards AEP
- Experience working as an Electrical/Instrumentation Technician within the Chemical/Oil & Gas Industry.
- Experience of maintaining and installing ATEX systems.
- Competent on LV equipment – isolations/de-Isolations & fault finding.
- Work towards or competent in HV switchgear isolations/de-isolations & fault findings
- Competent at interpreting electrical diagrams/schematics
- Knowledge of the Electricity at Work Regs 1989
- Knowledge of process control instrumentation, temp, pressure, flow, level, weight etc.
- Knowledge of Plant control systems, PLC’s, SCADA, HMI’s, relay logic.
Salary and Benefits
Salary between £31000 -38000 depending on experience.
Other benefits include:
- 33 holidays
- 4 x DIS
- 13 weeks company sick pay
- Retail discount scheme
- Bonus (discretionary, up to 10% of salary)
Monday to Friday Overtime up to 2 hours Standard hourly rate
Overtime over 2 hours Time and a half
Weekend Any overtime Double time
- There will be a flat rate of £250 paid for each week that an employee is on call (1 week in 5/6) once deemed competent (this rate will be reviewed annually and may be subject to change).
- Employees who are called into work during a period of on call will receive a minimum payment of 3 hours for the period they are required to work. The duration of work starts from the time an employee receives a call until they clock out after finishing the required work. Payment will be paid at a rate of Time and a Half for the whole amount of the time worked, with a minimum payment of 3 hours pay.
- Appropriate travel expenses incurred in order to carry out work on call will be reimbursed in line with the Company’s Travel and Expenses Policy.