9 days ago
No IR35 information supplied
Level / Grade
Start Date of work
(Subject to security clearance receipt of P4 Pass and IT equipment)
End Date of work
% FTE / Hrs per week (est.)
37-40 Hrs per week
(Dependant on JV Partner Standard Hrs)
Date of demand
Albion Square Whitehaven
Schedule of Rates Commercial Grade & Charge Rate
*T&S is available for this role
Name of Demander
Axiom Vacancy Reference Number
1527 & 1528
Demander Phone No
Task Order No
Various (Split Over 11 Contracts)
SL PO Number
Analytical (B229) and Active Area Services.
Design support to the delivery of the Analytical Services & Active Area Services portfolios, inclusive of multi-discipline design activities to support implementation and ongoing asset care.
Lead the production of several design packages at once across the portfolio, managing efficient delivery and performance to the expected costs and schedules will minimal supervision from the Responsible Engineer.
The candidate should be able to reference recent employment history where the CE&I design Senior Engineer role has been successfully undertaken and shall be capable of the following as a minimum;
• Produce or check the required design drawings and documentation for the appropriate base deliverables at all applicable stages of the Sellafield gated process.
• When varying task complexity and costs necessitate, be capable of
leading a small team of designers through delivery of a package or at other times be capable and willing to originate a package individually.
Role Specification Form (V5 Sept 19)
• Capable of performing plant configuration walk downs in order to confirm and accurately record task baseline details, propose outline schemes and build estimates.
• Capable of determining Engineering Requirements and provide underpinning for their Validation and Verification.
• Capable of seeking, deploying and disseminating LFE as appropriate for the design tasks.
• Capable of professionally representing the design team within the supply chain including attendance at build customer acceptance tests as delegate by the Responsible Engineer.
• Continuously producing a high standard of quality documentation, drawings and project deliverables.
• At necessary lifecycle points and via appropriate project controls be capable of performing the design interfaces with other project disciplines, having an awareness of the basic project management fundamentals.
• Providing a confident, clear and professional presentation of the tasks CE&I design deliverables to all project stakeholders attending single and / or multidiscipline design reviews.
• Capable of producing and being accountable for their own effective time management, planning activities, task estimates and progress reporting.
• Being competent and willing to guide and mentor graduates, apprentices and other less experienced CE&I design team members.
• Understanding self-limitations and the value / importance of escalation as and when necessary during the design process.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
SQEP against AXIOM Role E6 Plus,
Able to demonstrate understanding of the main laws and regulations that affect the safety, design and operation of plant and equipment including, Nuclear Installations Act & Site Licence Conditions, Health & Safety at Work Act and various regulations including Safety of Machinery, EWR CDM, LOLER, Pressure Systems, DSEAR, Ionising Radiation.
Recent experience with Programmable Electronic Systems in Design process.
Recent experience with CE&I Safety Systems in Design process (e.g. 61508, ES_219x, EG90).
Check & Approve Work Course D03770 Completed within last 3 years.
Design Change Course D03760 Completed within last 3 years.
B229 Active / Non Active Inductions. Experience of B229 Facility.
Respirator fit test trained. Existing Sellafield Ltd Log On.
Knowledge of the Sellafield Ltd Management System (SLMS).
Role Specification Form (V5 Sept 19)
Security Clearance Requirements
Ability to obtain SC Clearance or above. Ability to obtain P4 Pass.
Candidate will not be able to commence work on the project until these are in place.
Radiological Status Requirements
Minimum Monitored Worker.
Design Tools experience
Client IT systems (MS Office, Cimage etc.).